Indian Head Cents-How would you grade these three coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by capthank, Sep 18, 2018.

1. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Indian head cent 001.JPG Indian head cent 002.JPG Indian head cent 002.JPG Indian head cent 002.JPG Indian head cent 001.JPG I have never graded but think these are in the range of 63 especially the 1908 coin in the center Indian head cent 001.JPG Indian head cent 002.JPG Indian head cent 001.JPG Indian head cent 002.JPG

Robert91791 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm going out on a limb here and someone will likely slap me upside my head. The first two look original but the third may have seen an old cleaning and then re-toned. I think I see some left overs on the third that could not be cleaned. It appears you are in the mid MS range. But wait for the others. They are all pretty to these old eyes.

4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Oh, I don't think the third has been cleaned & retoned . . . I suspect it will grade the best of the three coins.

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I feel the third is the best as well. Nice luster.

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. EatYourWheatPennies

EatYourWheatPennies Active Member

Robert91791 likes this.
  7. capthank

The background is the outside cover of a jewelers book with the black felt interior to show ring's etc. I will take the three coins to a dealer today for grading. Thanks for the input as it is very helpful to us new collectors

8. capthank

I went to an expert and he said my coins are authentic and would grade MS-63+ He offered to buy them several times .Again thanks for your input

Santinidollar likes this.
  9. EatYourWheatPennies

EatYourWheatPennies Active Member

dang it I thought I had it :D

10. capthank

The fellows at our local coin club graded the 1903 as MS 65 toned RB?, 1907 as MS 64, Rainbow toned, RB and the 1908 as MS 65, toned, RB. It was fun being with other collectors showing and discussing coins. Now I will send them in to be graded and placed in plastic

Draft saved Draft deleted