Indian Head Cent fake's ?? how would i know.Any advive.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by loopytoad74, Jul 23, 2015.

1. loopytoad74

loopytoad74 Active Member

Hi Guy's n Gal's,...I was wondering if there are any tip's,advice or tell tale sign's to distinguish the difference between a counterfeit IHC and an genuine IHC.
    I've not been collecting for long and am unaware (if any)of the different counterfeits on the market, so for myself and other newbies any help would be appreciated to reduce the chance's of investing in a counterfiet...Thankyou.:happy:

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

4. loopytoad74

Thankyou davidh,will check out the links.:)

5. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

Look in this bucket of Chinese potluck, and see if your coin's there...

C675 Chinese fake coins.jpg

swamp yankee and loopytoad74 like this.
  6. loopytoad74

Omg..[emoji79] [emoji24] ...I have a good home for those..I just looked and their all damaged. Scratched and no good[emoji85] honest.lol.

7. loopytoad74

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well you are right about one thing, they are no good. All of those are Chinese fakes.

loopytoad74 likes this.
  9. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I have to be honest here. I have no idea what your post is about because of your insistence on misusing apostrophes. Seriously, there are so many errant apostrophes in your writing that I lost track of what you were saying. Apostrophes are NOT used to make a plural; they are for contractions and possession.

I'm (<---- see, that's a contraction, as was the next) not trying to be a jerk. I'm just trying to communicate that when we speak to one another in written form, doing it correctly helps everyone understand what we are trying to say.

Don't get me started on "your" where "you're" should be...

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The best way is to study and learn what a real coin should look like. At that point you will be better at spotting what looks wrong about a coin.

loopytoad74 likes this.
  11. loopytoad74

So you understand enough to comment.
    ImaynotbethebrightesttoolintheboxbutwhatItriedtosayobviouslyIhaverecognisedthatyoucanread.
    WHAMMY...spacebarfailure

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Operator Error? Say it ain't so! :rolleyes:

13. doug5353

The other Space Bar:

#56 Star Wars space bar.jpg

loopytoad74 and swamp yankee like this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Why did you post a picture of Congress?

Kentucky and swamp yankee like this.
  15. doug5353

My bad - I thought it was the Supreme Court, between cases.

swamp yankee likes this.
  16. Collecting Nut

Could be. LOL

swamp yankee likes this.
  17. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

You forgot the missing space following a closing parenthesis, the misuse of the reflexive "myself" for the objective "me", the misuse of the elipisis and the lack of a space between "thank" and "you". Seriously though, pointing out these types of things is a loosing battle. The nuances of the English language used to be taught in school before the 7th grade, and correct usage insisted on thereafter. Nowadays, I have my doubts that it is given any serious attention at all. I know of teachers who are deficient in their own knowledge of grammar so how can we expect their students to be any better? With texting shortcuts such as U, R, 4, 2 plus acronyms, the reliance on SpellCheck (with erroneous corrections that are often incorrect) and the lack of review prior to posting, I doubt that the art of informal written communication will ever get better. Thank you.

imrich and loopytoad74 like this.
  18. doug5353

elipisis > ellipsis
    loosing > losing

While you're at it, clean up your own post, OK?

imrich and loopytoad74 like this.
  19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Why do folks have to trash other peoples threads? No one came here asking for an English lesson. Start your own thread in the general discussion area.

loopytoad74 likes this.
  20. doug5353

Looks like you missed the irony here. Anyhow, back to coins.

21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I didn't miss anything.

loopytoad74 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted