"Inbound Out of Customs"

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ValiantKnight, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

For the coin I'm expecting, which was mailed from Germany, the USPS tracking is displaying "Inbound out of customs". Does this mean its heading towards my area? I figured it would take only a couple of days or three at the most for it to get from the distribution center in New York to south Florida, but its been 5 days going on 6. Is this normal? As far as I can recall I don't remember any coin of mine being stuck "out of customs" for this long (sorry if I seem impatient; its a rather important coin I'm expecting).

(Figure I'd post this here in the ancients section since a lot of us have experience buying ancient/medieval coins from abroad)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Got's a feeling it will arrive soon brother.........:)

ValiantKnight likes this.
  5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

No reason to panic yet, give it another week. I get packages from all over the world - sometimes they clear customs in a day, sometimes a week, sometimes more. Longest ever was a month. Who can fathom the mysteries of US customs?

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

That sucks man hopefully it arrives soon. I've been waiting on a coin since june 23. Tracking says it left heathrow twice two weeks apart and now been sitting in toronto for almost 2 weeks its weird.

ValiantKnight likes this.
  7. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Yes, it means the coin has cleared customs and is heading back to the postal system. Next it should show as arriving at (or passing through) a city's post office, hopefully your city.

Alegandron likes this.
  8. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

A JA mentioned, I also have received coins with that shipping status..... a few days to even a few weeks later--the longest a total of just about a month.

Alegandron likes this.
  9. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Ok so not a concern just yet. Thanks guys!

Draft saved Draft deleted