In Memory of Mr. Bob Connor

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Bob connor memorial fund (donations monetary and numismatic)

to the young notables:

Numismatic gifts: Approx $950 value

monetary gifts: $592 verified/ $630 sent (value)

on behalf of the bob connor memorial fund we appreciate your support, this is the
    final report on donations to the young noatables and we consider our relationship
    with them concluded all future donations can be sent directly to:

American numismatic association
    818 north cascade ave
    colorado springs, co 80903

c/o bob connor memorial fund

-Rusty

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I don't understand this portion.

Were monetary gifts used to buy notes instead of being sent directly to the Young Notables ? If so, what notes were purchased, and from whom were they purchased ?

4. mpcusa

The $592 in donations refer to the amount that has been verified, the $630 refers to the value of
    Notes sent to the young notables which they are free to do with at there discretion which
    Includes selling them. to answer your above question No, the notes that were sent to the young
    Notables i have had for a long time before getting in to Mpc,s i use to collect those particular
    Style notes, i hope this has answered your question.

-Rusty

5. SteveInTampa

Let me see if I have this straight. The cash donations were kept by you as payment for notes that you own. In other words, the members donating cash were actually buying notes from you. I can only speak for myself, and I was hoping the cash I donated would go directly to the Young Notables to use as they found necessary.

6. lettow

lettow Senior Member

Not only was that my hope but it was my expectation that the money was being gathered to be sent to Frank so Frank could spend the money for the class as he saw fit. I do not think that anyone who donated cash expected that Rusty was going to keep that money and send notes of an equivalent value. I don't care what the notes he sent are valued at, if they did not cost Rusty that much then he made money off this. That is flat out wrong.

7. mpcusa

That is incorrect, since we had the computer issues, i can only try and get the original donors
    Information and i have done that, again for the millionth time no donation money was used
    To buy any notes!! the young notables can sell the notes if they we wish, the amount of money
    That There worth exceeds verified donations up to this point.

8. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

WOW. I see the $1500 combined donation total, as well as the phrase "all financial records have been lost, it's as simple as that" Has now been edited out of your posts. What happened to that number? When you cashed the checks, didn't they go into a bank acct?? Did the bank lose all their files when you got a virus? Assuming you created a new, separate acct in the name of the Connor fund, as it should have been done, and not your own personal account???? Just callin it like it looks. Hope looks are deceptive here. :scratch:

9. mpcusa

You can call anyway you want! that,s your opinion, by the way did you donate to the fund??
    If so please send me verification so that i can update the thread if not just read the
    Entire thread it,s obvious you have much to learn about what happen here!! :(

10. silentnviolent

I did just read the entire thread from beginning to end. It's the first I've seen of it, so no I didn't donate. Just relating what it seems like to an unbiased outside observer. Aren't you able to go to whatever bank you started the acct for the memorial fund, and get a definite dollar amount? Just wondering. I know as much as everyone else at this point. I'm sorry, and I've always respected your input on anything you've contributed to here on CT, but I guess I have as many questions as the next person. DID you begin an acct in the name of the Connor Memorial Fund? Or did it go into an existing, personal acct? Please understand I have no wish to bash you or accuse you or anything. I understand you were out of the country and had a virus and that is crappy but, there are other records (namely that of the chosen financial institution) besides yours that were lost, that could be used here.

11. SteveInTampa

I'm frustrated Rusty. I have been in communication with Frank, and the Young Notables have not received any donation money from you. You sent Frank some of your notes valued at the donation total. If that's not buying notes, than I don't know what is. You're turning into the Lance Armstrong of CT.

12. SemperFiSilver

SemperFiSilver **1 Note Collector

At least Lance got the donations to the right place....

I'm thinking more along the lines of Bernie Maddoff...

13. mpcusa

Poke fun all you want, i have done my best under the circumstances

14. silentnviolent

15. SemperFiSilver

Rusty - You verified my payment to you based on the cancelled check I sent to you previously. Please issue me a refund to the address I have previously sent to you via email. As this is a verified payment, you hold the funds and should have no issue sending me a refund. Please reply to this thread with you response to this request to include when you will issue the refund to me. Thanks - Doug

16. mpcusa

Doug,

all of the people listed in the thread (in which you are included) have already had there donations
    Forwarded to the young notables if you wish a refund you will need to contact them directly
    Please note that the Bob Connor Memorial fund has concluded business with the young notables
    At there request and will now sponsor the American numismatic association for any further business

17. SemperFiSilver

Rusty - Failure to communicate - I sent you check, you deposited it into your account and then didn't disburse to YN's - plain and simple, cut and dry. You reached into your collection and sent notes to them - not my $100. Under your explanation, you converted the value of cash donations sent by others into something else of value which you already owned (the notes you sent to YN's). Am I right or wrong? Spin anyone you want but in my opinion, you have defrauded folks - no two ways about it.

18. mpcusa

Your certainly entitled to your opinion but you have some nerve with your accusations after
    All the work i have put in to try and make this right basically after everyone has deserted
    Me!!

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gettin' real ugly here.........

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am going to close this discussion, as the original purpose seems to be confused and all we are getting now is argumentation about a situation that cointalk isn't responsible for. Carry on with PM if you wish.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.