In Memory of Mr. Bob Connor

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The computer has already been sent in for service and hard drive recovery i will keep the
    Thread posted

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

Update

Well it,s that time again, i wish i had better news to report but i just got a call from Best Buy on
    The status of my computer and the hard drive it seems they have deemed it corrupt and
    Unserviceable in simpler terms the data is unrecoverable, i have already sent an e-mail to
    Frank at the youngnotables and have informed him of this.

To give you an update so far, we have a combined total between cash donations and educational
    And numismatic items of roughly $1,500 give or take, i will continue to update the thread

Thanks, Rusty

4. Omega

Omega Member

The latest update from Rusty is that he sent three notes he values at $630 dollars to the Young Notables. When asked what happened to the money (at least $592) sent to him he did not answer. He only reiterated that the notes sent should cover the money that was donated. As the facilitator of the Young Notables I am very unhappy about how the donations were handled. What did Rusty do with the money sent to him? At one point he told me it was "in an account earning interest". Yet he has no record? Surely his bank's records were not lost when his computer malfunctioned? If I had donated through Rusty I would be asking some serious questions. As it is, I simply feel bad that what has been a very great opportunity for young collectors to enter the field of paper money collecting has had a blemish placed on it through the way the Connor Memorial was handled. Some have asked why the Young Notables is not a non profit. Frankly, it has been considered. But I have a full time career and paper money is my hobby. It was never intended that this class would become another job. It was just a collector sharing his passion with the support of other collectors. Up until this incident there has never been an issue with trust.

I am tired of the excuses, the games, and the e-mails. I will continue to teach the class because I love doing so. I have met with the Principal of this year's host elementary school and we are planning an early 2013 class. Thank you to all who donated materials and money. Your thoughtfulness is truly appreciated.

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Am I reading this correctly....."Rusty sent 3 notes he values at $630", meaning the cash donations were used to buy some of Rusty's notes ??

"In an account earning interest"......

6. Omega

Omega Member

I'm not sure where the money went. I just know where it did not go. Three notes did get sent from his personal collection after he returned to the U.S. and his hard drive couldn't be fixed. I was told the $592 needs to be deducted from the $630 value he placed on the notes.

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Rusty:

As far as donations... I sent $100 cash plus some notes and stock certs as well.

8. mpcusa

Thanks for the info i will update the thread

9. mpcusa

Update and reply:

Please refer to #95 of this thread spelling out exactly what and where the money
    Was coming from, also the notes that were sent were not recently purchased
    I have had these notes for sometime!

The whole idea of getting the information from my hard drive was to see
    Who donated what and when it is unfortunate that this has become impossible
    Do to the virus that attacked my computer, i have done my best to seek
    Out donors and to update the thread and i will continue to do so, the fact
    That the notes sent do satisfy the current donations!

-Rusty

10. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Cash donation update: I sent a donation, and I will look up the amount. I know I sent it very early in the collection. I'll update with the amount when I look at my records probably tomorrow.

Lucy

11. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

MPC, mine was $100, sent June 21, 2011.

Lucy

12. Omega

Omega Member

I feel it is in the best interest of myself and The Young Notables to remove myself from any further discussions on this matter. Therefor I will return the three notes sent to me by Rusty and ask that he return the now $792 collected back to the original donors.

I appreciate the donors efforts to help in the memory of a collector that seems to have touched many lives in the hobby. Thank you to all of those that have donated to and supported the Young Notables. -Frank

Rusty please PM me your current address.

13. mpcusa

Could you please verify your donation and send me a PM

-Rusty

14. mpcusa

Update:

As this discussion moves forward we currently have $592 in confirmed donations and i have
    Asked rickieb and lucyray to confirm there,s, as posted by Frank he no longer wants
    To be consider for future donations therefore we will be directing future donations
    To a secondary donor in the numismatic community, i will be reaching out for suggestions?
    In addition the total amount sent via the three notes $633 will be the complete donation
    Anything over and above that will be directed to the chosen secondary source, in addition
    We will not be accepting the notes back and will be moving forward in that direction
    I will be e-mailing Frank at young notables with this information.

-Rusty

15. SemperFiSilver

SemperFiSilver **1 Note Collector

Rusty - At this point I think you would be hard pressed to have a single cent in donations funneled through you by members of this forum after the way you have handled this matter. Cut your losses, return donations back to those that have confirmed their amounts with you without further delay and without further comment/excuses. Othes may chime in as appropriate. Thanks - Doug

16. mpcusa

Again, i,am doing my best to handle this if you wish to bash me, please feel free i
    Can only do my best!! after all this was dumped in my lap after others have bailed
    Out on me!! :(

17. mpcusa

Further donations can be sent directly to:

AMERICAN NUMISMATIC ASSOCIATION
    818 NORTH CASCADE AVE
    COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80903

C/O BOB CONNOR MEMORIAL FUND

This was another cause we considered when starting the fund and now will become the
    Primary, i will update the thread at the end of the month.

-Rusty

18. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Rusty...

As mentioned before...the $100 donation and the notes I sent... I do not want back.
    I really do not care about the $100...I think the right thing to do it get what was sent into the hands of the Young Notables for continued education....just my 2 cents worth.

19. mpcusa

Rick ,i want you and everybody else to know that i have given this my all, and will continue
    My efforts to get the donations where they need to go, all donations that have been verified
    Have been distributed to the young notables as the thread mention,s they wish to no longer
    Receive anything else that may come in the future, therefore the American Numismatic
    Association has been chosen as a great alternative, i will be closing the totals sent to the
    Young notables with in the next day or two both numismatic and financial gifts.

Thanks, Rusty

20. Omega

Omega Member

Rusty,
    Please do not speak for the Young Notables. We are done trying to get you to explain were the money SENT TO YOU went. IT DID NOT go to the Young Notables. The Young Notables is not interested in working with you personally. Anyone that would like to donate directly may certainly still do so. However, after this debacle I am sure many potential donors have been lost. You have not explained where the money went. All of the excuses in the world are moot at this point. If the class receives less support I will not be surprised, just saddened that your actions have sowed doubt.

21. mpcusa

Frank,

No excuses here!! what happened with my computer is completely out of my control but you
    Continue to "beat the dead horse" all the financial records and where things went have been
    Lost it,s as simple as that! again i have done my best to reach out to members that have
    Donated to the fund and verify the amounts and post them on this thread.

In addition the notes that i sent you last month more then satisfy the current verified
    Donations and there use is at your discretion.

I,am not going to debate you further on this subject as there is just no point, i will
    Go ahead and update the thread on the young notables for the last time and consider
    The relationship concluded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.