In Memory of Mr. Bob Connor

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Hello CoinTalk Members:

[​IMG]

I bid you a good day.
    A short while ago I posted news of the passing of our friend and fellow collector Connor1(Bob Connor). Another member here, our friend MPCUSA has began a scholarship fund in Bob Connor's name to benefit a Group known as the The Young Notables.
    I am 100% positive that our friend Bob would support this if it were any of us and he were here to see it as you are seeing it now. I know the econmoy is tough and asking for any type of donation is really difficult these days, so I am asking you to look at the future of Numismatics, the young children who are eager to learn and start collections of their own, yes I am talking about the future of our hobby in all regards, be it Paper Money, Rare Coins, World coins and currency, checks, or stock certs.

MPCUSA will shortly post the link to this outstanding program for our up and coming young numismatist's for you to view. I stand behind this endeavor with a pledge of $100 to kick things off.
    Bob Connor was a friend to many of us here at CoinTalk, may he RIP and his memory live through such a fine program such as the Young Notables.

MPCUSA will coordinate the donations for this scholarship so please, contribute what you can to be a part of this great program. (Please PM MPCUSA for donation instructions)
    I thank you for your attention and your donations. I miss my friend Bob (Connor1) we had some great discussions about the Art of Engraving in which he loved so very much.

God Bless and thank you.

RickieB

P.S. Special thanks to SteveInTampa an Krispy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Well done Rick, Rusty, and Chris.....

5. connor1

connor1 Collector

I'd like to have info (paypal, PO Box, Young Notables Address, or other) to pass along to friends and family who might like to give.
    Please advise. Thank You, and God Bless You all.

Sincerely,

Chris Connor (Bob's Son)

6. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I would like to offer a few items from my collection that could be used either to raise funds or for educational purposes. This weekend, I'll pm some pics of what I have.

I'm glad that you fellas are putting this together. Thank you so much. This is a fitting tribute to a fine fellow collector.

7. connor1

connor1 Collector

Re: Bob Connor Scholarship
    Wow. My Mom, wife, and me are honored. We will donate $500. My mom said that my dad bought most, if not all of his MPC's from you. I think the plaque would be a tremendous gesture. You guys are the greatest. My Dad was a collector from the age of his first communion, so he would really get a kick out of this. I became an Indian Head penny collector as a youngster and fondly remember a trip to Stack's Coins in NYC with my father. The salesman had a loop and snobby attitude (not kid friendly); Dad categorized the guy as a "coin snob"! I really hope that some young people get turned on to coin and paper money collecting. They are truly forms of fine art collecting.
    Thanks again, just tell us where to send the check.
    Best Regards,
    Chris Connor

8. mpcusa

If you wish to make a donation to The Bob Connor Memorial Scholarship fund
    This can be a cash gift or a coin or currency from your own collection!
    It will be used to support the new collectors of tomorrow!

Please send and make your gift payable to:

Rusty Myers
    C/O The Bob Connor Memorial Scholarship Fund
    12326 Shearwater Run
    Fort Wayne, Indiana 46845

Thank,s Rusty

9. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Rusty along with my cash donation, I will send you the unopened package I sent Bob in Mid April.
    It was returned to me due to it being unclaimed...Bob must have been in the hospital when this was being delivered.

It is what prompted me to start this Thread http://www.cointalk.com/t168282/

I hope the YN's like it..

RickieB

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The check is in the mail Rusty, and Rick....the Young Notables and Frank will be absolutely thrilled.

11. SNDMN59

SNDMN59 New Member

Count me in also , Coin's gift in mail Friday, Many more to come .

SANDY

12. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'll send of course too. It sounds like a great cause and Connor would love that we are doing this.

Great idea guy's.

13. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

That sounds really fun. Thanks guys!

14. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

This is such a wonderful idea! Count me in. The check will be in the mail this weekend.

15. lettow

lettow Senior Member

I will be donating 5% of the proceeds from the lots I have for sale in the Knight auction at Memphis to the cause.

16. sunflower

sunflower New Member

17. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Got my heritage order Rusty, I'll be sending in this weekend!

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Rusty, I've been sadly remiss. Rest assured I have not forgotten......

19. SemperFiSilver

SemperFiSilver **1 Note Collector

Any update Rusty?

20. mpcusa

I had originally planned to do everything at once but i still havent got the plaques and
    Wording from the family in addition i,am in the process of moving, i will be sending
    The donated items this week to the young notables, i will keep the thread updated
    As we move forward :)

21. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Is there any update on this project?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.