"In God we rust" quarter?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Christopher Schmitz, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Christopher Schmitz

Christopher Schmitz New Member

Hi Everyone,

I was coin roll hunting and came across what looks like an "In God We Rust" quarter, but I'm not 100% sure if it's one or PMD.

As you can see from the photo, the T & R are worn, but the rest of the letters look fine. All of the other examples I've seen of this quarter show the T gone (or mostly gone) with the R remaining. Some also show the G & T gone, but other letters looking fine. So, I'm a little perplexed with this one.

My other concern was the little divots just under the T. It makes me wonder if someone was attempting to make an "In God We Rust" quarter, or if those are just normal PMD.

Thanks for the input!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's not the true IN GOD WE RUST quarter. That one would have the entire T missing.
    Yours is just a slight struck through grease issue because of a worn die strike.

Both would be struck through debris. I read on some dumb website that the IN GOD WE RUST error is worth $100.00... That is totally ridiculous in my opinion. It should only be worth face value.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I believe the "divots" under the T are reed hits from another coin. See if the edge of another quarter line up with the marks.

6. Christopher Schmitz

Christopher Schmitz New Member

They kind of line up, but they're much larger.

Attached Files:

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

The force of the hit would expand the displaced metal, so it would appear larger.

Draft saved Draft deleted