Imagine that

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Barbermania, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Barbermania

Barbermania Active Member

now what can anyone tell meabout these Lincoln's, I've really enjoyed having them.they've been a good conversation piece. IMG_20171206_014039-1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm not sure what kind of camera set-up you're using, but it seems to be distorting everything including the color and the background.

Chris

4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

This coin spent time in a parking lot, being run over by large trucks. This thing has been so damaged by the ravages of time that it's not even worth a cent.

352sdeer, Gilbert and spirityoda like this.
  5. Barbermania

See. I wasn't looking for value I'm sure it has no value but it's actually pretty neat.

6. LuxUnit

LuxUnit Well-Known Member

"what can you tell me"

please don't tell me stuff about it

I'm a little confused, you asked what he could tell you and he told you it was severely damaged due to something like rubbing around on the ground, and he included an estimate of price. That's about all the info you can get from a coin and you asked for info?

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Thinking (way) outside the box to figure out what makes it "pretty neat," I guess you could draw parallels to how it lived its life and ended up a broken shadow of its former self after 68 years, like a homeless Vietnam veteran, both of which started their journeys in 1949 shiny and new with lots of promise ahead of them. That seems more depressing than neat, though.

8. Barbermania

. You know that's something to think about you that was a good reply but in life we all have our troubles and our mountains to climb that doesn't mean that it's all boring or all negative there has to be a negative side to everything for there to be a positive side so yes,there are struggles, but then there's Promises of Hope of a future for everyone these poor wheat pennies they don't stand a chance but thanks for your reply and hope to see you talk to you later.

9. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

The Lincoln Penny was the first circulating (non-commemorative) US coin to feature a real person on it, in 1909. The 1892 Columbian Exposition 50¢ piece preceded it for this distinction.

10. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

My vote.
    Reed.

11. Barbermania

Now there is some awesome info to hear. Thank you for that. And thanks for your reply. I'll be posting again.

12. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Consider the bright side.

At least it was not in your pocket when said post mint damage was inflicted upon it.

Ouch, to least-most state it, eh?

13. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Looking at it it does have that Hobo cent look. Make the image more out of focus and post that sucker on EBay, tell um it’s a Hobo penny and price it starting at $25. I’ll bet you’d get a hit.
    Nice $25 cent!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted