Imagination based Comic strip

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by GriffonK, Jan 12, 2019.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

P & G, let it go , as people are around longer, they realize that Cpm9ball , and all the rest is as human as all of us that have been here a long time and love the associations and learning that occurs. It takes time to appreciate the culture and adjust to it. Have a good evening. Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GriffonK

GriffonK Member

Breakdown;

I noticed the raised blob of metal as a defined ball on the surface of the coin. I found it quite interesting i.e how was this created.

Before jumping to any conclusions myself I wanted to put it to the forum;

Can you notice anything out of the ordinary with this coin. ( which i stated in either 1st or the 2nd post)

During the course of this discussion I found a website whilst searching for information which infacts list's this double variety.

I was simply looking for an experienced collector to possibly view the coin and confirm any irregularities present. Simply as confirmation.

4. GriffonK

GriffonK Member

I am going to leave it there. And by that I mean the forum.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Thank you for posting what they are calling "errors" or "varieties". They are for the most part, wrong. The "extra point" is a tiny die chip. If you want to stretch things you might technically call it an "error" but actually it is just a normal dyproduct of an aging die. What they call a "die scratch" is not a die scratch. It is exactly what Paddyman98 said it was a tiny die crack. Once again not an error or variety, just an aging die. Features such as these are common and not really worth any premium no matter what some catalog, guide, or listing says. This error/variety is not listed in the standard catalog and most any dealer in world coins that I know would toss it in the 25 cent box or put it in poundage.

Draft saved Draft deleted