I'm moving cross-country...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lembeck13, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Reading this makes me think of my last move and my next. When I came to the UK I didn't trust the moving company with my coins (not that the collection was worth much) so I put them in my checked baggage. Well the TSA put their hands all over the stuff because it came out wrapped in their tape. I won't be doing that again. When I move the next time my coins will stay with me. I'm going to have a heavy carry on.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Darn it 'tuck, I believe he said he was. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

I love the paranoia. People are driving cross country every day and don't have a problem. I've driven cross country 4 times in the last 10 years with a monster box of 1 ounce gold bullion in the trunk of my car and have never had an issue. If you don't call attention to yourself, nobody cares. If you act like you have the crown jewels in your carry on, you will stand out.

Take a suitcase fill it full of old newspapers and drive around for a month pretending it was gold. You will learn to not worry about stuff you don't have to worry about and you will be fine. The guys that get robbed are usually watched loading at coin shows and followed or staked out for days prior.

onecenter, NOS and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  5. V. Kurt Bellman

Preeeeeeeeee-cisely! Well put. But wasn't that you I saw on I-80 with your car all nose-high some years back? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Same in Maine. Stop at kittery trading post right across the border. But first stop at the NH liquor store on the highway as it's cheaper

7. Mainebill

I've driven all over with a truck that didn't even lock before. With all kinds of cargo. Just don't stop of stay in sketchy areas. Out in the country your usually safe

8. Mainebill

I'm just as likely armed for the stray deer turkey or coyote that crosses my path. The first 2 are very tasty the last as well as porcupines are vermin to be eradicated

9. V. Kurt Bellman

Not only that, but the porcupines come complete with toothpicks for after the turkey and venison. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Mainebill likes this.
  10. Lembeck13

Lembeck13 Active Member

Thanks to all for your sage (and novel) counsel. The transport no longer seems so daunting.

Draft saved Draft deleted