I'm getting conflicting information

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Wandering Man, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Don't tempt Lehigh, he will show you a few that aged very well. I like the toning on this one and I think it aged pretty nicely. I agree that they can get ugly if not treated well, but then that is sorta true for all coins, isn't it?
    PhotoEditor_20191011_201958219.jpg

LA_Geezer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Wandering Man

Wandering Man Member

... and humans.

Kentucky and Razz like this.
  4. Wandering Man

Wandering Man Member

Post removed

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  5. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

I agree. With the possible exception of my mother in law...

Inspector43, wxcoin and LA_Geezer like this.
  6. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

That's such a beautiful coin @Razz . I sought mine out and would be embarrassed to show it, although my '44-S comes close to your '45-D. Most of my silver nickels were pulled from circulation and they look it.

Razz likes this.
  7. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

They are like people, some age better than others. Here is my favorite from my collection I picked it up at the Chicago ANA show in 2011. A CT forum member came up to me at the show and said he had spotted a really beautiful nickel. Without pause I told him exactly what table it was at and that now I was going back to buy it. Think of all the nickels that were at that show and I instantly new exactly which one he was referring to. My pictures do not do it justice.

upload_2019-10-12_10-31-12.png
    upload_2019-10-12_10-32-5.png

8. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I saw Mezack offer a complete set of beautiful silver nickels the other night. I can't say whether a buyer would actually receive a set this nice, but at $16.36 per coin, this looks like a good deal to me. Disclaimer: I've never bought any coins here, but the reviews of his IHC set at his own site describe them as terribly worn.

https://shopcsntv.com/1942-1945-wartime-silver-nickel-set.html

9. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I was lucky in that these coins were readily available in circulation when I was putting the Jeff set together. They didn't get extremely difficult until 1964 when we stopped making silver coins. And, my set contains the best "as found" that I came across. If a person wants high grade, the war time nickels are very difficult. But, they sure look nice.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Unless you see a notice that the coins you see are the ones you will receive, don't buy! Too many stock photos are shown and you get garbage.

LA_Geezer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted