I'm feeling.... lazy

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Suarez, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I’ve got a case of that too. It’s not so much laziness as trying to conserve my energy for the next exhausting trip to the supermarket. I have to buy food for several families.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  4. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I've been writing at about the twice the pace of normal (for me). And inordinately watching the implosion of the various financial markets. Fortunately there has been a partial recovery in the last week. I'm not exercising as much as usual and drinking more wine in the eves. Alcohol consumption is up 42% over last year in the SF Bay Area.

Deacon Ray and Justin Lee like this.
  5. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

It's springtime on the farm out here. Grain prices were depressing before this Corvid hit, and much worse now. Everywhere I look though there is things need done, so I just kick myself in gear and once I'm going life looks better.

6. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

My productivity is sort of rollercoaster-ing lately, and the both the ups and downs are a bit more extreme than usual. I find myself seeking distractions more often. I feel the "need" to relax more often (or being more exhausted at the end of the day) without really doing as much as usual during the day. I feel ya...

7. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

My wife and i have 3 businesses her in Spain and we are able to operate only one of them from home. Unless we start each day the same as going to work and then maintaining a sound work ethic, we have found it too easy to just switch off mentally. Finding a routine is important otherwise you do a bit of this a bit of that and end up achieving not much.
    My wife is finding it difficult because she is a people person and loves interacting with clients.
    It's easier for me, 9 years in the military teaches you the value of organisation and most of all, patience.
    Alcohol consumption is up dramatically in Spain and the Guardia Civil (Spains largest para-military police force) are responding to more cases of domestic violence than ever before

7Calbrey and Deacon Ray like this.
  8. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

@Suarez make sure you call or FaceTime a close friend or relative. Get out in the sun for a walk each day. We all have to take extra steps to not fall into a funk. This time of less interaction is taking its toll.

9. expat

You are not allowed to go for a walk here. You can only leave your house if you need to go to a supermarket, chemist etc. You can be fined or imprisoned if you break the laws employed during a state of emergency.
    We are pretty fortunate in that we live 200 metres from the beach and i can sit on my balcony and look at the ocean

10. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Medical researchers are saying that the virus will burn out and subside as summer approaches. I’m choosing to believe that information, stay positive, and discard any gloom and doom scenarios that I’m hearing. All of this will be behind us soon, @Suarez. One positive note is that the shortage of convenience food in the stores is forcing me to make healthier choices. The store where I shop has plenty of fresh produce.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  11. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

It will burn out when it doesn't have any more people to infect......hence the desperate need to maintain social distancing. I really cannot understand the attitude of some who continue to ignore the advice of medical staff and most governments. Stay safe and stay at home so that a few weeks later we can hopefully look back and say.....We finally beat it!!

12. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Wow!
    Thats really draconian....
    Here at least trades people are allowed to work. So people like me/ landscapers/ roofers/ carpenters/ electricians in other words essential workers are OK. However, all restaurants/ bars/ sporting events/ non-essential businesses are closed. Had all Countries shut down borders back in January to Chinese tourists/ travellers/ commerce/ things would have been different. The WHO botched it from the start.

13. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Incredible! Here in Rhode Island, construction is going full-steam. No days off in weeks. I’m grateful for it, I know many are stuck at home.

panzerman likes this.
  14. expat

everything to do with construction has been deemed non-essential. Emergency callouts for plumbers/electricians are allowed. The ONLY places open here are like i said supermarkets, chemists, doctors surgery and if you turn up at any of those without gloves and mask entry is refused.

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

What I’ve learned from being confined to the house: If the feds ever pinch me and offer a year of house arrest, I’ll volunteer for two years at the federal prison camp up the road instead.

16. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I only see Louisana from "Swamp People" and "Duck Dynasty" viewpoint. Looks like everyone likes hunting/ guns....so do I:) But, I would rather be at home then jail anyday, at home I get to have really good food/ beer/ look at my coins/ watch TV on 60 " screen/ take my Rottweiler for walks/ lift weights...
    John

Justin Lee likes this.
  17. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Now that's funny.

Laughing.gif

I am signing this by my new nickname
    Captain Underpants.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted