I'm back.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Detecto92, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Multi-Level Marketing aka a pyramid scheme in most cases....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I just had to just look up "thread crapping". Have to love that about CT, find out new things everyday.

geekpryde and silentnviolent like this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That is truly talking out of both sides of your mouth.

"But I have all of my money twice on other ventures that I would not neccesarily call investments yet they were quite risky"

Huh?

Either you invested, or you did not.

Or you didn't invest, but considered it?

Or...?

rzage, JPeace$ and CamaroDMD like this.
  5. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

thank you. I wasn't sure if that or something else.... I like to ask these days since I frequently misunderstand internet acronyms :confused:

6. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

i had to look up thread crapping too :)

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

No one is trying to "dampen [his] spirit"; to the contrary, most here are good people who have gone out of their way to be helpful and accommodating to this young man, but everything has its limits and that's likely what you're seeing here. While I can understand how all this may appear somewhat questionable to one who has not been a witness from the start, the reality is that this is not a bunch of envious old fools jealous over one young man's grand accomplishments, but is the result of ongoing, unnecessary, and tiresome stretching of the facts. He's a good kid and I think most of us would really like to see him do well, but like many young men, he needs to learn that there is no such thing as a superhero.

Numismat, fred13, rzage and 1 other person like this.
  8. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Multi Level Marketing. aka Pyramid scheme

Edit, @Rassi beat me to it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Rassi likes this.
  9. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I don't know this Josh or whether he has the right stuff to make it, but I like his spunk and determination to take advantage of a part of what makes America great - creating one's own business and reaping the rewards of one's own efforts.

Many new businesses fail for a variety of reasons, but failure can be a most invaluable teacher. I have great respect for entrepreneurs who learn and overcome failure and make something out of nothing.

rzage, 4$tella and geekpryde like this.
  10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Most if not all of the most of the most successful businessmen failed at some point - Donald Trump has been in and out of the dump several times.

4$tella likes this.
  11. 4$tella

4$tella New Member

While I can appreciate your point BooksB4Coins, you lose a bit a credibility with me when your remarks, in particular, are among the most antagonistic of the thread.

12. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

When you have contributed as much to cointalk as books has your opinions will be valued.

rzage, Lehigh96 and fred13 like this.
  13. 4$tella

4$tella New Member

Ouch!

Vegas Vic likes this.
  14. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

This thread appears to be in a crapping situation...

Jwt708 likes this.
  15. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I have...and I tend to agree with what 4$tella said. I frequently find B4B's post to be right on the money with my own opinions...but they are presented in (IMHO) an antagonistic way. My gut is telling me they aren't intended as such...more of a "tough love" type of point of view...but I personally often find them antagonistic. Do I think that makes them less credible??? I'm not sure, but it doesn't help.

16. fred13

fred13 Junior Member

Can I ask what the purpose of this post was and why you found it necessary to write it? Perhaps it will serve you better to contribute meaningfully to another thread instead of continuing here with your edited

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  17. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Let's agree to disagree. I honestly don't care what tone you use or if it is tough love or just a kick in the Shin. Either he is right or he is wrong. Attitude in a post doesn't change the factual value of what is posted. To me credibly is all about accuracy.

18. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Girls, girls, take it to the Ladies Room.

micbraun likes this.
  19. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Why ? Because he asks questions . When I 1st met Books here I PM'd him as he knew quite a bit about Trade dollars . Sometimes I'd ask a question , which he in turn would answer with a question , but with pics of a coin or of 2 coins superimposed which I could tell took some time and effort . I tell you I learned twice as much as I would of if he just told me the answer .
    As for Josh , I know Books wishes Josh the best but he and others including myself can see Josh ruining his rep as a dealer . And it would just have got worse if people didn't call him on it . It helps no one by ignoring someones BS .

josh's coins and Jwt708 like this.
  20. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to read all 8 pages but I'm wondering if we have yet hit Godwin's law with this thread? :)

Amanda Varner, non_cents and rzage like this.
  21. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

you are wise beyond words
    I resemble that remark (Girls).... so please don't use it in a derogatory manner. KTHXBAI

Amanda Varner and non_cents like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted