I'm back.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Detecto92, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

My math skills must not be up to par. I always thought $10 of half dollars would equal 20 coins. He must be running a special. I would suggest snagging this deal until I saw it was $159.50 worth of silver including the bonus dollar. Per coininfo rates.

image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

:yawn: some of you guys have way too much free time on your hands.

@Vegas Vic Thanks for the Free marketing

4. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

I'm still adding stuff to the site. Cut me some slack will you darn. I just started up towards the end of may. Can't expect me to have thousands of coins available like some of the large dealers. In a few years I might be on that level.

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Josh,Your inventory consist of 90% junk silver lots(which I assume your plan is to go to your LCS and buy 90% silver, if you get a order.) a few random silver dollars, and a $5 gold eagle. Those are the same coins you had last month. You need to relax, and do your own thing, but stop talking like your this amazing coin dealer.

BTW, I see you took down the St. Gaudens. That coin was very exspensive, and it looked like you took the photo through someones display case. If your going to sell coins, you need to learn to take nice photo's.

6. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I'm not assuming... You need to tell everyone how it went down Josh... You didn't "ask me to elaborate"...

Your response when I asked you for that information was literally "Why?"

I hope that you prove me wrong dude... I hope you are successful beyond your wildest dreams. But I also hope that some little part of this whole experience here sinks in with you. Stop trying to impress everyone and just learn. I learn new stuff every day. The day you stop learning is the day that it isn't fun anymore.

7. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Ok, now I really want to know how it went down. Do tell!

8. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

So this is what happens when josh and Detecto threads collide - almost as entertaining as SyFy's Sharknado. Timmah!!!

Amanda Varner and bkozak33 like this.
  9. coinucopia

coinucopia Member

Hi Josh,

You do seem to get a lot of criticism, both constructive and.. less so. And you seem to know most of the people who are offering the criticism. Maybe that has led to a somewhat myopic interpretation of said criticisms. If I may, I would offer a newcomer's perspective.

I think the reason you experience such backlash on your comments is the tone, and the way you deliver them. Content aside, you state opinions as absolute facts. And you do so with an undercurrent of arrogance which is only highlighted by the naïvete that is so common to your age. I, and everyone else here, understand that there are exceptions, and that some 20 year olds ARE wise beyond their years. You, however, are not one of them. I don’t say this to hurt you, or to diminish your many great deeds. I say this in hopes that you will stop trying to pretend otherwise. Because no one is buying it. And I say this with absolute certainty, not based on your achievements and lack of achievements (so please stop listing them), but based on your presentation of yourself and your achievements. Wisdom is a trait that requires no embellishment. You rarely see it merrily skipping hand in hand with bravado. And that’s fine, Josh. Just pick one. Be wise, or be naïve. (I would recommend sticking with naïve, since you’re not pulling the wise thing off) Either is acceptable if that’s who you are as a person. Just don’t try to project the former while oozing the latter. It comes off as insincere, which is not a great trait for a business owner. And more importantly, it doesn’t matter. You don’t need to be some special hyper-advanced-for-your-age savant to earn the respect of the community.

The main takeaway, if any of this is even worth taking away, is to just be sincere and honest. Hyperbole will come back to bite you in the ass (as is the case of every instance when you stated a ‘fact’ which was researched by another member, only to discover that it was an embellishment). Every one of the people you are talking to has been through this awkward formative process in which the limits of what will and will not be accepted at face value is established. Which is why every one of the people you are talking to can smell your bullshit instantly. We recognize our own. ;) And that recognition of our own former faults is like chum to angry sharks. We can’t avoid attacking it. That’s just human/shark nature. So you can take comfort in the knowledge that pretty much everyone has been where you are. But learn from it. Dig yourself out of that hole of self-aggrandizing rhetoric now, and you’ll be ahead of the pack. And I would wager that you would get far less aggressive feedback, as well.

Jon

10. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Just wondering why someone who hasn't finished his school/college career needs to "invest" in coins or "own" a business. I started collecting at the age of 30, because before I had no money, no experience and no clue about coins. Still far from making money with coins. Why not get a regular job first until you're more experienced?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  11. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Great post. @josh's coins PLEASE take this post to heart, and don't merely get offended by it.

If every time someone is trying to help and you get offended, then people are going to stop helping real fast. And then you are just a pariah.

Amanda Varner likes this.
  12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

As far as "own a business" on this we must agree to disagree.

I only wish that I had the support (not monetary -- although that would have been nice) to start a business when I was a kid (i.e. @ 20 or so).
    I would still have gone to college, but it took many more years before I was able to start my own practice.

I still dream about that business.

13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Starting a business will make it hard to focus on one's education while having a part-time job as employee should make it easier. That was my experience. I am not as smart as Bill Gates and don't have his entrepreneurial spirit, for him that may have been the right decision, but not for me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  14. Lord Geoff

Lord Geoff Active Member

Just wanted to point out that Mark Twain was the one who originally said the "eggs in one basket and watch the basket" thing...Since he was mentioned elsewhere in the thread...

That is all.

15. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

This company sounds a little top heavy!

bkozak33 likes this.
  16. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I think I smell a well known numismatic MLM here... But I could be wrong.

17. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Funny you mention that as the thought had crossed my mind too.

LostDutchman likes this.
  18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

With the way you brag on it?

Not a chance.

19. 4$tella

4$tella New Member

Don't let these guys dampen your spirit Josh! It's clear you are a passionate and savvy numismatist and these other people are likely just envious of all you have achieved in such a short time. I, for one, appreciate and value your information...keep at it.

20. Miko W

Miko W Active Member

Precious metals have never been an investment, except by accident. They are fire insurance.

21. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

what :oops:is MLM slang for?

Draft saved Draft deleted