I'm back.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Detecto92, Aug 10, 2014.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Tim, how long are you going to beat your horse? It's dead, Tim. It ain't gonna pull your plow no more.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I agree , any real rarity in no problem is at least a $5,000 to $10,000 coin . And most likely a lot more . Just think of all of us 60+ year olds , when most of us pass in 20 to 30 years , just think how many will enter the market . Will we go the way of the stamp market , probably not as bad but the coins adjusted for inflation will be cheaper . That's why I collect and don't invest .

4. rickmp

Yeah. Sometimes they take longer than they used to.

5. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Finally.

What is it with Detecto that his threads ALWAYS have many, many replies?

6. rickmp

It's his 'oh, woe is me, the world is out to get me' attitude, as well as his 'I know better than anyone else, why won't they listen to me?' attitude.

Me? I'm not glad he's back. I just realized that I didn't miss him at all.

7. bsowa1029

That sounds like two guys I work with. They are always asking for paychecks in advance...

8. bsowa1029

I actually thought of Detecto a few days ago and how I haven't seen him on the forum for a loong time. Not gonna lie, I missed him being around.
    I know some people like to give him a hard time, but I certainly learn things from his threads. If not from his posts, definitely from the replies of others.

9. coinucopia

coinucopia Member

If fearless and smart, Then successful, Else lose everything. CHECK!

Oh. So then....

Amanda Varner likes this.
  10. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Agree! Been hoarding them for a few years now. Talk about bang for your buck.
    Sorry if this is increasingly irrelevant to the flow of the thread. I'll go back to observing from afar...

11. Here is a sleeper for you:

image.jpg

12. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

And yet this is exactly what we are seeing with the best quality counterfeits. Non-MS, with all of these features replicated extremely well.

13. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

If Rickmp and Detecto accidently bumped against each other at a coin show, would the universe explode? :eek:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Amanda Varner likes this.
  14. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

I can't comment on a lot of things here. The 55 year old man is not my father. I haven't talked to my father in years, I don't even know how old he is. The other 2 men are part of my board of directors and I'm working on adding more people to my team. Everything else will be announced at a later time. It is going to feel great to make all of your jaws drop in a few months.

15. rzage

I really hope you do make my jaw drop in the next year , but somehow I doubt you will . So you're giving up on school I take it ?

16. josh's coins

No, My classes start again in about a week.

17. rzage

Glad to hear that , when my son graduated from college it was one of the proudest days of my life , He'll finish his Masters this year .

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  18. josh's coins

That's very good. To really get anywhere these days one would need to get a masters degree since everyone and their brother is getting a bachelor degree today.

I'm all for taking risks when necessary but I'm not so sure that dropping out of college to launch a business like Bill Gates did is a very good idea.

19. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

The RedBook is not a good metric for measuring a coin's value past or present. I would look at auction records from the periods instead.

20. josh's coins

If I really did not know what I am doing then I would not have had the brains to create my own website from scratch,strategically market it online, and buy and sell my inventory as quickly as I am able to. You can't assume that I have no idea what the heck I'm doing completely when I asked you to elaborate on you requesting my Tax ID. I just wanted to see if there was anything there that I didn't already know which there wasn't.

Whenever I don't know what I'm doing I ask for help. Such was the case when I asked about my 1921 Morgan dollar which turned out to be polished. I also asked about overton numbers and I was recommended books which should end up on my doorstep in a day or two.

As I recall from the ana lawsuit thread that some of you believe that I purposely make threads about me. While that seems to be the case here I assure you it is not my fault. Everyone decided to gang up on me for 1 comment here and I simply had to defend myself.

@Detecto apparently I detectoed your thread and I'm sorry that this kinda crap had to happen. Hopefully you took some advice on investing in rare coins from this thread. My personal advice is that you should invest in the coins that you are most knowledgeable about. If you want to invest in a 1928 Peace Dollar you should learn how to grade them, how to spot fakes, what the current demand is, what the future demand might be, what the current prices are etc...
    It is a lot of work but at the end of the road you will make very informed decision that may or may not enable you to make a good investment. Which is a lot better than rolling the dice and seeing what happens. Manage risk when you can.

21. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I'll start shopping for chin pads.

BTW, I like your "Scratch built" web site and all 29 coins you have on it.

NAH! Not really.

Draft saved Draft deleted