If your roll is short

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by myownprivy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Probably not worth your time. I don't know how you would prove it. It's all part of what goes with CRH. If every bank customer said they were short in a roll what do uiuvrhink the bank would say?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what the bank would say? It's not as if you would have a leg to stand on.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

When I moved into my new apartment complex, I had to get a roll of quarters for the laundry machines. When I opened it, there was one nickel in place of a quarter. I went back to the bank the next day and told them about it. At first, the teller seemed to ignore my complaint, so I told her quite emphatically, "Do you really think I'd try to cheat you out of 20c? I gave you $10 expecting to get 40 quarters, not 39 quarters and a nickel!" She gave me my 20c.

Chris

Bambam8778 likes this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

He didn't say he has them sorted ;)
    Just counted into 1200 coin lots.

6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I could just envision it if I asked, :)

7. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

Did you return the overage or just get a good deal? Honesty works both ways.

8. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

I was called to evaluate some coins in a lock box at the bank. The doctor had "15 gold coins and a bucket of silver" as part of an IRA. The accountant told his family that description was not acceptable and to determine what was actually there. The bucket was sealed and had never been opened by the doctor. Inside the "bucket of silver" were two bags of quarters, each identified as containing 250 coins. These were from a Georgia Coin Shop. The estate sold me the coins. I took them to a silver dealer who ran them through his coin counter. Each bag was one coin short. I wonder if the coin company shorted every customer one coin per bag, guessing that most who were buying for investment would not open the bags or bucket. If someone complained they could send additional coins or refund the difference. I did not go back to the bank. It is the nature of the business we have chosen.

9. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

No but I would put a couple extra dimes In a roll and and extra 4 quarters in the roll for them. Either way doesn't even matter

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I've found that many coin-counting machines have been inaccurate.

Chris

Dougmeister likes this.
  11. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

The ones I came up short on did not have good end crimps. Sometimes I think they just fall out from loose wrapping, so it would be easy to defend.

12. Vince11229

Vince11229 Well-Known Member

I’ve been both short and long in rolls of pennies, nickels and halves. The worst short though was when I ordered a box of halves and found 6 quarters including one roll with two quarters. The quarters went back into the rolls with the unwanted halves and returned to the dump bank. Nothing said. Full credit. No adjustments.

Draft saved Draft deleted