If you won the current Megamillions drawing...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Merc Crazy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Yeah, 1 million you're looking at a very comfortable life. Still working but with an early retirement.

462 million, you can start shopping for private jets and any other vehicles in existence. Using the interest.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Personally I could very very happily live off the interest of 1 mill.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Well, I probably wouldn't be flying that much to make it worthwhile to own my own jet, but I sure would like to fly in an SR-71 Blackbird just once.

Chris

5. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

as long as i could get a jet that was faster then the commercial planes id get one.

Id also buy my own little plane (probably will even without the lotto someday). That way I can put on those sweet leather helmets and cruise around like a boss along the coastline.

6. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

You into the whole Superman flying so fast around the earth that he reverses the rotation and goes back in time speeds?

7. MZimm

MZimm Junior Member

I would take 20 % and donate to my brothers and sisters of the VFW, another 20% to Disabled Vets and 20% to COPS fund... then the 40% left would be spent on Gold, silver and any coins I felt I needed at the time.......

8. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Not bad, although I am more the type to just give money to the homeless guy under the freeway who said hes a Vet (and needs the help either way obviously lol) Although with 450 mill id be giving them hundred dollar bills instead of 5 dollar bills :D

9. wheatydigger

wheatydigger Member

A nice contest for cointalk. Or a bunch of $100 contests.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Nah, but it sure would be cool to fly from South Florida to Las Vegas in 40 minutes. I think the Blackbird still holds the record for NY to LA in 70 minutes or so.

Chris

11. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I wouldn't know what to do with that much money.

Give me a million and I'm set. Heck, give me $100,000, enough to pay off my house and cars, and I'd be fine!

12. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

i gotta get one of those lol

13. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

I feel ya there WGP. Give me a extra 100-200k and ill make it work for the rest of my life. 450 mill is so overkill lol.

14. vettejayk

vettejayk New Member

Well, I won $5. :yes:

Guess I'll pick up a couple of silver dimes with that little prize.

15. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

didn't win anything, oh well theres always next time.

16. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Well, I bought my first ever lottery ticket today...so all I know is I didn't win the jackpot. I don't know the rest of the rules well enough...lol.

17. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

The jackpot was won by someone in maryland

18. onejinx

onejinx Junior Member

Ok I will give the ways you can win...yhere are 5 white balls and 1 yellow

If you match......

5 +1 = jackpot
    5 + 0 = $250,000
    4 + 1 = $10,000
    4 + 0 = $150
    3 + 1 = $150
    3 + 0 = $7
    2 + 1 = $10
    2 + 0 = $3
    1 + 1 = $2

If you bought the megaplier (a $2 ticket) which multiplys all non winning jackpot winnings by 2,3 or 4 times. You would win the prize times the multiplier that was drawn.

19. Owle

Owle Junior Member

I don't "need" what I don't have. I would start a coin education program with examples of almost all issues from ancient Babylon onward and develop scholastic programs to acquaint school kids with numismatic history.

As for lotterys like this it's a sucker's game. Even the winners often have a lot more problems down the line as they are badgered left and right by friends, family, strangers and criminals looking for free money. It reminds me of the "Twilight Zone" episode "A nice place to visit".

The enjoyment is in the process and struggle not in jackpots and windfalls.

20. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Actually,they're saying there were winning tickets sold in Red Bud, IL near St. Louis, Kansas and Maryland. 3 winning tickets so each will get around 200+ million before taxes. Wish I knew somebody in Red Bud! First I've ever heard of that town.

21. vtvick777

vtvick777 Member

I won $12, so hopefully I'll be able to find a 1900 barber half on ebay for my year set. That villa was pretty sweet cpm9ball. If I would have won the $640 million, coin-related I would have bought several cameo proofs with mintages in the 1000s of each denomination and variety. I'd make a nice Morgan collection of CCs, and a nice 1796 year set. For fun, I would have bought like 1,000 rolls of Walking Liberty Halves and drive around and drop off 50 rolls each at 20 different banks, to make a couple of roll searchers poop their pants. Also, quite possibly I might have bought some industrial sorting machines and pulled out every stupid 1971 half in existence.

Draft saved Draft deleted