If You Get A Stimulus Check?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Dec 21, 2020.

1. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

I remember the good old days, circa 2001ish, when my health insurance cost $15 a paycheck. Those days are long gone, though.

fretboard and furham like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

For years my healthcare was free and covered 100% of my bills.

atcarroll likes this.
  4. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

If it'll stop all the pork, they can keep the $2000.

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's pretty much impossible to go one by one checking everyone that qualifies. By the time you finished that you would have spent more money on man hours and it would be more expensive than just paying everyone that qualifies

He's doing what EVERY senate leader on BOTH SIDES would do, he's leveraging something important for something in return. That's how the senate has ALWAYS worked.

They pay the overwhelming majority of all taxes.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  6. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

That’s what it is. Everything is a bargaining chip in politics

furham and baseball21 like this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I actually get paid to have healthcare. The Hospital pays for most of the healthcare and my portion is just $32 per pay period. But they also have healthcare incentives that lower the amount the employee has to pay. I do enough of the incentives that they pay $35 of my $32 payment. So they actually increase my pay by $3 per paycheck.

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

You're absolutely right and I have that area covered, that's why I said a small gold coin! :D

furham likes this.
  9. Sunflower_Coins

Sunflower_Coins Importer and Exporter

I really don't need the check, but it's not like I'm going to turn it down. I've paid well more than $2000 (or $600 for that matter) in federal income tax. I'll probably finish off my Dansco 7070 (still need the dollars) and throw the rest in my savings account. I'll might also make a few upgrades, I've been looking at a few nice Shield nickels.

10. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

FWIW, the $1200 ($600 for wife and me) has already been credited to my bank account.

11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I’ll be adding my stimulus to my gun/ammo fund. I haven’t been able to find many coins worth buying lately.

12. Why not link it to LOSS of employment (i.e., new unemployment or underemployment claims) during COVID? These are likely the people hurting most. I don’t think a one time payment of $600 or even $2000 is going to be a disincentive to look for work. I am really hoping this money reaches the people that need it most.

serafino likes this.
  13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

14. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

No kidding? I had heard the earliest would be middle next week.

serafino likes this.
  15. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

It's in the "pending" category at my bank with a Jan 4th clearance date but it wouldn't be there if the Treasury had not sent the electronic payment.

Interesting how my bank decides that a payment from the U.S. Treasury isn't credit-worthy enough so that they have to put a few days hold on the funds transfer. They do that with my SS check and my pension check from my former employer, a Fortune 100 company. They started that about a year ago and it's just a "float" scam.

16. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

My stimulus check showed "pending" yesterday with a Jan 4 clearance too. When I checked today it was still there, but also two pension checks, which I get every month, were there "pending" with a Jan 4 clearance, so I think that must be a normal thing, if not every month (I hadn't noticed previously) maybe just at the turn of year.

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If your banks do "one business day" clearance, the funds will be available the next business day, which is Jan 4. It might be a "float scheme", but it goes pretty high up if it involves manipulating the calendar... ;)

serafino likes this.
  18. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

$600. is a tiny amount for our fellow Americans who are hurting from this Pandemic. $2,000. would be of much more help.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  19. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Got my direct deposit this morning. Don't know what its going to be spent on just yet.

20. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

"So, what did you spend your Stimulus money on?"

"Uhh well I drove drunk, got fined $1000 for a DUI, and yeah it's gone now"

Don't be one of those guys. :banghead:

#FastWaysToSpendStimulus

21. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Well, my late wife (died Sept of last year) got one that I will have to give back. I just went through this last summer. Didn't get one for myself, though.

Edit: Well, that's the first time all year that I forgot the new year. Wife died September of 2019, not last year. Based on past experience it won't be the last.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted