If You Could Have Any US Coin What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CoinBreaux, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ernie11

ernie11 Member

Ever since I was a kid, the 1822 half eagle has been I've wanted to own.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stroligep

stroligep Member

I started collecting mercury dimes a few years ago and by accident bought some Roosevelt dimes and started collecting those too. Then I found out the mint was still issuing .90 silver proof Roosevelt dimes and I started collecting those.

So, of course I'd love to have an MS69 1916D but I'd settle for a 1965 Roosevelt that was 90% silver.

4. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

An MS 65 1901 Morgan.
    1928 S MS 65+ Peace.
    Finest known 1893 CC Morgan.

There could probably be around 10 others, I could add to my short list.

5. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I'd love to own Rare-Tim's 1969-S DDO Lincoln, whatever DDO means (Dungeons&Dragons Online?) LOL

Rare-Tim and NSP like this.
  6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

One of those $1T platinum coins that were being discussed a couple of year ago as a means of paying off the national debt.

7. thebeav

thebeav Lifer

For a moment, I thought I was going to be the first to mention it.....A 1913 nickel. It's almost always been my favorite coin.
    As for coins that are actually affordable, I would settle for an 1848 'Cal' quarter eagle......
    It was nice to see the reasonable wishes of some of the posters. They will someday actually be able to achieve their dream coin.....

8. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

1913 Liberty Head Nickel?

9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

because it was not mentioned yet, I would also like to own a 1908 Sand Blast Proof $20 Gold piece.

ColonialCoin4 likes this.
  10. thebeav

thebeav Lifer

Yes, I've always loved that coin.......

11. ilmcoins

ilmcoins Well-Known Member

I would be happy with a modern $20 bill. I am going to breakfast with my wife to a place that doesn't accept credit cards and don't have any cash! ATM here I come.

CoinBreaux, NSP and micbraun like this.
  12. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Best answer. Enjoy your breakfast!

CoinBreaux likes this.
  13. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

IMG_5097.JPG It's what I would like as well micbraun, MS65RD.

14. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

I know this is a month old, but I just realized what a good idea that is. Your post went way over my head for some reason...

15. D-Train

D-Train proof coin enthusiast

About $20 on eBay right now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1945-P-MERCURY-DIME-NGC-MS65-/152510551859

Heck I might buy it myself just because YOU covet it! LOL!
    I already have a 1945-P, but it's not an FSB and is probably only a VF.

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

17. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I'm unemployed. 57 years old.
    The house needs to be destroyed and a new one built in its place.
    I want the most expensive coin I could get my hands on. Sell it and live happily ever after.

18. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

More realistically a beautiful tinted walking liberty half.

19. D-Train

I figured someone would say that! LOL!
    But how can it be MS65 and NOT have FSB's? It's certainly much nicer than the one I've got, but I'd hate to remove it from the slab to put it in my folder. That would negate the PCGS rating, which almost costs $20 alone!

I'm not hard to please, I agree with the previous poster that said he wants a 1916D Mercury Dime, MS65. But I've only been collecting coins for a couple of months, mostly Mercury's and Liberty Walking Halfs, so that's the coin I want at this moment, but I can't afford one. :inpain:

20. ColonialCoin4

ColonialCoin4 Active Member

21. D-Train

Yes! Nice blast white luster too! Eye candy! See? I'm not hard to please. One of my favorite coins in my VERY meager collection is an 1883 Liberty Head Nickel (without "Cents") that I paid less than $20 for, it's in great shape and has a cool story behind it!

ColonialCoin4 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted