If this isn't a dd I might just give up"HELP PLEASE"

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by AnewFoundhobby, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Send it to Wexler, then he can send it to Anacs, Wexler has a new master DDR & DDO person ( Thomas Kalantzis )

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. How do I pay for the services. I know all the other info but no where does it tell you in what form to send the money. I would think a postel money order would be proper. I know the fee for attribution is five dollars per coin plus insurance cost,but thats to have it done then returned. What do you suggest I do.

4. Rick Stachowski

http://www.doubleddie.com/402401.html I have to take my son to college, I'll be back shortly

5. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I've been at this for a couple of years now. I would join Coneca and send it to Mr. Ellis, or Mr. Wexler for $4.00 they will tell you if it's real or not. I have only found one real DDO as listed in the cherrypickers guide in the 35,000 cents I have looked at. Even that one is listed as being worth $15.00. If you want to get rich the odds are against you. It is a fun and time consuming hobby. That's how I look at it. Also these bulletin boards can be really depressing. If you find something 5 people will immediately tell you it's worthless. Of course the newbies who wouldn't know a DDO if it bit them will also chime in so take all the negative stuff with a grain of salt. If you find something real maybe one person will say "nice find" LOL....

Hommer and Rick Stachowski like this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Tom , to be fair, most of the coins presented on forums are close to face value and are not really DD, but MD or damaged. Even if someone didn't worry about getting rich, but just wanted to recoup his time at better than 10 cents an hour, searching common coins for such is senseless. Searching for the thrill OK, but for money, not so. I read all of these variety postings, and probably less than 5% are ones that are true, and some of them are so minute, there is no return for having even the cheap experts giving an opinion as the expense is greater than the value. Single squeeze die making has produced ( IMO) huge numbers of mostly disputable ' double die/MD ' results that even experts argue over, let alone people new to the game.

It is good to encourage members to remain positive, but they should be aware to take ALL comments ( + or -) equally for unknown expertise level with a grain of salt, until they have a reference base to rely on. I consider Mike Diamond and Coop two of the truly experts who will comment and educate. All should look at post #7's top diagram. Learning from it would reduce false positives tremendously if one only paid attention. Knowledge should come first, just searching won't do it.

coop likes this.
  7. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

OP, before you take this much further.. I would suggest you do a little homework. First figure out your cost of sending said coin to. xxxxxx.. then the cost of slabbing to xxxxx. Then, take a look at what they are selling for. You might be in for a HUGE surprise. Most of the 2009 DDR Lincolns can be purchased for Under 5 bucks.

Yes a few carry a nice premium, ie.. Mike Tremoni's 1969S DDO... But the vast majority of them like said here are very minor and demand little to no premium. I look at thousands of coins at shows sitting at the CONECA table and very very rarely do I get to see something that has a nice premium. It does happen, but.... probably have better odds of finding your riches with a metal detector.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Darn Jim, I knew I was forgetting someone :)

9. Rick Stachowski

10. coop

coop Senior Member

Something to look for on your coin is the doubling under the flag.
    [​IMG]
    If that is not there, it is not that die. Note how it is rounded in that area where the arrows are. I would like to see that area on your coin?

11. Rick Stachowski

coop be real, look at the pictures he posted, does it even look like his equipment could catch wexler images, thats where most people get in trouble, unless you have something close to wexler equipment, not a chance .. he also said the coin matches the DDR, so whats the problem. just be glad he didn't throw the coin back ....

12. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I would suggest first making sure it is the correct doubling. Then look on feebay concluded auctions to get an idea of what they are selling for. Heck, I would check selling price first. if it's selling at a low price I would save the attribution fee.

13. Rick Stachowski

Read post #14 ...

14. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

IF, somebody is going to get into the Error Variety world they need the right tools to do so. BOOKS, something to take decent shots of coins (Especially if your going to come to a forum to ask questions) and a little understanding on the minting process would be beneficial. Would you attempt to build a house without a hammer and nails? Or how about going Bear hunting with a pocket knife.

One doesn't need Wexler type equipment to get decent photos. Search here in CT and there are a ton of great ideas that are pretty cheap.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  15. Rick Stachowski

I've built lots commercial houses, all made of architectural cinder block, no hammers, or nails, most of them were castles type houses .... local 1 .... Live long the masons ....

tomfiggy likes this.
  16. Rick Stachowski

One of the castle type house I built is in commerce township ... 4 fire-places skeet shooting from the roof top, with an elevator to get you up there .. Heres what I'm talking about, very amazing homes, thats for sure images.jpeg images 1.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  17. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

don't jump the gun just yet. I have a fort mchenry that has similar doubling to the 003. however... there are spots that DON'T match...and doubling places the 003 doesn't. the red arrows show where Wexler's does have doubling but mine does not. I believe the indicated spots on flag are different as well

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      308.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      75.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      146.3 KB
      Views:
  18. coop

coop Senior Member

Bryan: That one looks interesting. It maybe a new die?

19. Well to be honest I love the thrill but the money would be a blessing. Nothing to do w riches.I'd tell my mother to quit. Draw her ssi. I'd keep on building homes. Been doing it since I was thirteen. Dad even moved me to Missouri when I was 15 to rebuild after Mississippi flood. Its in my blood thick. Started work at seven stopped at 6:40drove 45 min home to another job and worked till ten. I got started because I refused to give another dime to scratch offs and started getting roles off Penny's looking for the famous 43&44pennys. Then learned of all the other opportunities. So rich no.hope yes to help mom. She's had cancer and I want to tell her to quit. So say prayer for me

20. You see what I mean. His might be new with places that don't match but mine u thought had unmatched places and it means MD. Mine has that complete side db as well as the bottom. It is also all well rounded. But you know I might have never known without your criticism so thanks. Still no answer on what to buy and where on camera w out coasting me a fortune.you ever consider a MD/DD!!!. Well that couldn't be possible could It. Sorry coop not trying to be an a??. Just had long and bad day and for some reason its all been about doubts in me. I have prevailed triumpet though.

21. You know now that I mentioned that it looks like MD in the opposite direction as the DD. Resulting in it appears to be a third edge very small above the MD on the closest part of the doubling to the original image w little larger looking on the northern side of the spray. By the way north does mean holding coin upright and would be straight up. Some of wezlers descriptions didn't match pic's to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted