If Dansco were to make just one more world type set album, which should it be?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by QuintupleSovereign, Jun 14, 2021.

?

If Dansco were to make just one more world type set album, which should it be?

1. UK

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Italy

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Spain

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Portugal

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sweden

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. British Colonial

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Russia

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. Other

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

If such a thing were to happen, may my bank account rest in peace.

Stork and QuintupleSovereign like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Lutefisk, lefse, ja, ja, ja. Let's see one for Norway.

Steve

Rushmore and QuintupleSovereign like this.
  4. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

There's an old Scandinavia Dansco commemorative type set album out there; price prohibitive, of course, but better than nothing!

Stevearino likes this.
  5. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

I wish Dansco and Whitman made more foreign albums and folders especially for more recent issues.

6. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

What site are you refering to? (provide url please).

As far as I know they don't have a website. There are a ton of re-sellers with websites, but I don't think they have their own website. I could be wrong.

7. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I'm pretty sure it's this one.

https://www.danscousa.com/

AuldFartte, CoinCorgi and Stork like this.
  8. Chris B

I'm of the opinion that they should make all of the suggested ones. Some countries would be very difficult to do. Portugal would be a personal choice but there are several South American countries that would interest me as well.

9. QuintupleSovereign

I've always thought a Brazil set would be pretty cool; I think Dansco made albums for Mexico, Nicaragua, Cuba, and Guatemala at one time but all are now out of print.

Chris B likes this.
  10. Stevearino

@QuintupleSovereign, just checked eBay and nary a single Scandinavian Dansco commemorative album.

Steve

11. QuintupleSovereign

12. Stevearino

@QuintupleSovereign, yes, that would have been a nice one. I didn't take the "free trial" to see how much it sold for. If I ever see one for sale, I can go back to WorthPoint to check on it. Thanks for the link.

Steve

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  13. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

There are some decent coin albums coming out of Middle East and Russia at a reasonable price. Would like to know the manufacturers and I can take care of the rest.

Problem with the mentioned albums is that many of them will have a key type which may cost an arm or leg. Which is the reason why I wanted to split by era.

14. Chris B

I have purchased some here:

http://arabiancoins.com/product-category/albums/

They are pricey but of decent quality. Hope that helps.

15. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

That is the site Chris. Tbh $45 is pretty cheap. Some of the older rare dansco albums have been commanding more than $200.

A fair price for a good quality album especially a niche market like the countries mentioned might be closer $75 to $100 in my opinion.

16. QuintupleSovereign

I wonder if any of them would consider producing albums along the lines of those proposed above? Surely there have to be more collectors of European coins than Middle Eastern ones!

17. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Nice! The Morocco ones look interesting. Do you know if the materials are fairly inert?

18. Chris B

That is something I don't know. Information on them is pretty much nonexistent. I haven't had any issues with mine.

Stork likes this.
  19. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I no longer have an interest in world coins. My passion is Morgan's, cents, and anything from the Americas. Good luck to those that do enjoy world coin and currency.

QuintupleSovereign likes this.
  20. montynj3417

montynj3417 Active Member

I've specialized in a couple of year sets, both Victoria and post-Victoria. If they don't have any precious metal content, they're just not that interesting to me; I mean, that's what we have now. If the years in question included PM, I want the non-silver (and gold!) to put together a full year set for the particular monarch.

21. QuintupleSovereign

Less competition, lol! Seriously, I got into world stuff initially once the US side of things got too pricey for my budget; now, it seems like everything is crazy expensive!

Draft saved Draft deleted