If anyone tells....

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Gayland Lee, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

Well let me tell you something Chris. I 1st really appreciate the schooling and what not cause the more I learn and the faster I learn it the quicker I don't have to deal with judgemental ( think they know someone) people like yourself. Do me a favor and yourself as well. Maybe I'll save this for my closing. Just to check you, and let you know I am into this for the money but I've also come to appreciate the penny. When you look at one with the naked eye it's not much but when you but that loupe on it and actually see the character of it, or the abuse it's taken over a period of time, well it's enjoyable. But so is being able to pay my bills. Anyway back to the favor I want to ask if you. Don't respond to another post of mine,cause if I read another judgemental, think I know someone remark from you, well I'll be banned from here, and be ok with that. How's that for numismatic value?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

Thx

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Hopefully his jump would put things right.

5. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

I'm sorry. What do you mean?

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Read your opening post. You did say you would jump. Read the the response posts. Another member told a story about another jumper. I quoted them. Read your own thread and it will help you figure it out.

7. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

Hello, thx for your response. I'm not quiet sure however if your being serious about how much to ask for my 1987 D penny or if your trying to be funny.

8. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

Would you buy this coin and try to resell it? If so how much would you be willing to pay? If your only motive for collecting coins is making money you're sadly in the wrong hobby and the wrong place to post your findings. There are a lot of resources available to help you see what you have any it takes a lot of effort on your part to learn what is an error and what is considered rare. Don't be another ebay seller thats abandoned their own morals and ethics for a penny, it is a dead end road and you will fail miserably.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's a real shame! Unfortunately, you can't dictate who responds to your threads. You're fair game for everyone, and that includes those of us who disagree with you.

If you want to show the world how intelligent you are by saying something that will get you banned from CT, that is your prerogative.

How's that!

Chris

10. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I don't buy Zincolns, but honestly, maybe 50 cents.

11. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Gayland...the coin is only worth one cent. Haven’t you been reading the responses?

Don’t sell it, for goodness sake...it’s not worth keeping. IT’S A SPENDER!...Spark

12. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

You’ll have to get help from someone else...so long...Spark

13. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

Well that's better, I guess.

14. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

@Gayland Lee let me be serious for a minute your coin is nothing more than a circulated zinc cored Lincoln cent struck with worn late stage dies near or at the end of their lives. It’s worth one cent that’s it! Please believe us when we tell you this. I have a 43 pound bag of copper Lincoln cents that I bet contains 3-5% of its contents in a similar state as your coin and they also are worth one cent each. I really hope this helps you.
    Reed.
    image.jpg

15. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Gayland, I think he means if you jump, it will reverse the climate change caused by the other guys jump. :D;)

16. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Well folks, I'm not sure why there is surprise that there will be hopeful comments from fellow enthusiasts who may not have another's level of knowledge about our hobby. It's a reasonable expectation. It costs nothing but time and understanding to provide a fellow enthusiast an honest explanation without the need for unnecessary sarcasm. My advice is to stay on topic.

17. Gayland Lee

Gayland Lee Member

I value each and every one of y'alls opinion and appreciate the time you spend on responding to my posts. Thanks.

lordmarcovan and Kevin Mader like this.
  18. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to purchase it for. Until then, it's only worth a penny, aka tip jar material.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted