Ideas on ways to sale a collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by icollectoldmoney, Mar 1, 2015.

1. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

should i just sale all the coins together or sale each individual coins jw.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It depends on the quality and condition of your collection.

Chris

4. icollectoldmoney

well i am not sure of quality but i do know i have over 150 coins or more from all different years trying to make some cash so i can take my collecting a different route plus i need the money.

5. HisBoyElroy

HisBoyElroy Member

Private message sent. Thanks

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I would go individually.

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I agree with @spirityoda. I think you'll get your best return selling individually.

If you have lower quality coins, you may want to group a few like coins together and sell them that way. Without knowing what you have, I'm just throwing darts at a board.

spirityoda likes this.
  8. icollectoldmoney

I do have some higher quality also but since most coins being from early 1900s and late 1800s the quality varys

9. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

You're not very forthcoming with details about what you have, yet you are asking for specifics to your question. The answers you receive will be quite lacking because of this. As anything else, you will tend to get out of it something approximating the effort put into it.

billy b likes this.
  10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Be sure this thread doesn't slip into Buy-Sell-Trade offers, as they are not permitted outside of the classified forums by rule.

11. icollectoldmoney

i have a few indian head pennys a few v nickles alot of newer nickles,pennys,dimes,quaters,and dollar coins,also i have some buffalo nickles,also a few war nickles,

12. icollectoldmoney

Total coins 204

edited - forum rules

Would it be better to put these in different lots or sale them as a whole lot together none are silver besides the 35% war nickles.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  13. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

File for divorce. Had to sorry

jj00 likes this.
  14. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

If, say, the 10 Washington Quarters aren't silver, then what are they that makes them collectable (i.e. worth more than face value)? Same question applies to the dollars, non-war Jeffersons, the dimes, the cents, and the halfs.

15. Tom B

Why do you need a second thread about this?

16. icollectoldmoney

well all the coins are uncirculated besides the v nickles,buffalo nickles,Indian head pennies,war nickles,presidential dollars,Kennedy halfs and Sacajawea dollar

17. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

He wants a second opinion?

eddiespin likes this.
  18. icollectoldmoney

yeah i do and i am young and just trying to get rid of all of theses.

19. Tom B

Two threads in seven hours? I hope he doesn't want a third opinion!:eek:

20. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You do realize it would've been easier to list those actually uncirculated, right?

Now, why would common circ modern dollars and halves be premium worthy? This is not to say there is anything wrong with the collecting of such coins, but it is not always easy to convince someone to pay up for what they could get for face at any time. You're best bet is to spend as is as save yourself the trouble and wasted effort of trying to sell.

As for the clads, and with all due respect, the "uncirculated" claim does not mean a whole lot without more information. Were they hand selected over time by a discriminating eye, or something thrown together from pocket change? Are they all fairly recent dates that can easily be found in unc grades? As was mentioned before, you're not sharing enough information about the coins themselves.

As for the older coins, and assuming all are common average circs at best, selling at type lots might be your best bet. Just don't expect to get much for them.

tommyc03 likes this.
  21. icollectoldmoney

well most of the uncirculated are from 70s and 80s and 50s and 60s there are few from the 2000s and the 90s.

Draft saved Draft deleted