ID Rom Constantin ?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by paschka, Jul 16, 2019.

1. paschka

paschka Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeteB

PeteB Well-Known Member

4. tenbobbit

tenbobbit Well-Known Member

Crispus

paschka likes this.
  5. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

Agree. Crispus. Siscia mint.
    RIC 39
    Obv: CRISPVS NOB CAESAR
    Rev: PRINCIPIA IVVENTVTIS - Prince standing, facing left, holding reverse spear in right hand and resting left hand on shield.
    SIS in exergue.

I needed to lighten the photo a little in order to tell what it was:
    temp.jpg

Bing likes this.
  6. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

Doug Smith has said repeatedly that putting coins on a white background will yield a dark image. I will add that failure to control lighting will inevitably produce images that are hard to see well. Who is listening? Why should it be on the viewer to first fix an image before comment is given about what the person asking the question wants to know? Human nature? Ignorance? Time after time?

When will they understand that it would save everyone a great deal of time spent fixing poor images, and would give a better result, if they gave us a clear pic in the first place? More eyes will look if they can see.

Put a light on the coin, and hold that pic if YOU can't see the details in what you are considering sending to the list. And to the uncomplaining do-gooders who do the fixup, let me suggest that you are keeping them dependent on you by never challenging them to raise the bar. This isn't rocket science. They can do this.

End of rant.

7. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

Everyone starts out as a newbie. We learn by our mistakes.

8. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

The OP has been on the list since June 2015. After four years in this environment are we dealing with a newbie who is making newbie mistakes?

@pashka what can we do to help you with your coin photography?

9. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I feel good that someone else shares with me the tough love job. I tire of repeating such things so often just ignore such requests. Who was listening? lrbguy and quite a few others here who have taken the time to learn to use tools to make images that make it a pleasure to help others with any questions. Most of the regulars here would not bother with this site except for the fact that we love our hobby and want to help others love it, too. All we ask is a little help - just enough we can have a ghost of a chance of seeing what needs to be seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted