ID help Lead Celtic Imitation

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Andrew Sobczyk, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Andrew Sobczyk

Andrew Sobczyk New Member

Was passed down lot of Ancient coins from a relative who traveled , not much experience dealing with Ancient coins. They look to be struck in lead which seems very strange as I figure they would be much more worn down. Thinking they are modern copies but unsure why anyone would use lead. Thank you for any replies and I’ll be sure to post more photos of the other coins

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I can't tell from the photos if the material is lead, but they do appear to be multiple copies of the same coin, which could mean they're fakes or it could mean who ever collected them just liked that design. I'm not very experienced with ancients, even though I'm getting to be rather " ancient " myself.
    In a moment, one of our members who is more experienced in this area of collecting will take a look and give a better answer.
    For now, I want to thank you for posting such a " heavy " question and providing the photos with it.
    Also, I want to say Welcome to Coin Talk !!

4. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Welcome! If you can, provide weight and measurements. I'm inclined to say they are modern, but with the images provided I am uncertain.

Draft saved Draft deleted