ICG Order Just Arrived Today!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JoshuaP, Sep 30, 2026 at 10:02 PM.

  1. green18

    green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

    Roger that, but sometimes the value of the coin doesn't warrant top tier encapsulation....Too bloody expensive.
     
    JoshuaP likes this.
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. JoshuaP

    JoshuaP Well-Known Member

    I wanted these coins certified as real and did not want to spend big money on NGC or PCGS. I may sell a couple, but I am keeping most of them. ICG has hired PCGS graders and does pretty good overall, IMO. It bothers me that NGC and PCGS are owned (at least in part) by hedge funds and large private-equity groups. I've seen coins in ANACS, PCGS, NGC, and ICG that don't always appear to match the grade given. It all seems pretty subjective to me. Therefore, I put these coins in plastic as merely a way to say "they are real" in as cheap and reliable a fashion as I could. I just sent four coins in to NGC at the GACS. I am not against using different platforms. I am just trying to be economical.

    At the show I looked at several 20 cent coins. I was tempted by two PCGS graded examples from the CC mint. Oddly, I thought the VF had more feather details than the XF. I didn't take pictures, but I am sure the two coins could have switched holders and actually matched grades then. I met a dealer whose whole game is finding under-graded coins and flipping them. He also showed me examples of stupidly over graded examples. These were all NGC and PCGS, by the way.
     
    green18 likes this.

Share This Page