I would like to apologize ...

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Mar 28, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

Why? What's your problem exactly? Please just don't cross in the "ancient" section if you don't like it. Merci et bonsoir.

DonnaML likes this.
  4. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Parfait mon ami.

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

It is not about ancient coins and it has given rise to several incorrect scientific discoveries, and it is very personel.

6. Ricardo123

Ricardo123 Well-Known Member

This is exactly why i like CT so much. I feel members are like friends here.

Clavdivs and octavius like this.
  7. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Says the guy not posting any ancient coins.
    I think it DOES have to do with ancients. And if it's too personal for you then go read some fantasy.
    Post a single decent ancient coin and prove me wrong:
    Screenshot_20210423-103316_PicCollage-removebg-preview.png

octavius, Bing, Johndakerftw and 4 others like this.
  8. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

No - it DOES not. And there is personal and then there is THIS, which is VERY PERSONEL. It is not right to have to confront someone in mourning about their misinformation about COVID-19 among other things, and it is equally wrong to have these private thoughts aired out in public space. This is open wound grieving and it deserves the dignity and compassion of privacy. If anywhere, this needs to be moved to the general discussion area (which happens to NOT be searchable by the broad public). In a word, your not just being cruel, but you are wrong.

9. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Well-Known Member

While this isn't about ancient coins... it's about our little community here discussing ancient coins. This pandemic has been hard. Harder on others than some but it's sucked for all to some point. The ancient coin board has been described as 'one of the nicest places on the internet.' But over the last year there's been some lacking of patience and understanding here and there. If someone feels like they've been not to their best communication-wise and wants to say 'hey I'm in a bad spot, sorry everyone.' Personally, I think it's a good thing. We all need some healing and support. Anyway, let's talk coins. Are there any coins issued as an apology?

10. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Some times people need to create a thread like this. Claudius felt it was time, put the big boy pants on, and checked out some things that needed checking out.
    The rest of us should have read it, liked it (if we did), and let it sink into the abyss.
    That’s just my opinion. And sharing that lifted it again (sigh).

Draft saved Draft deleted