I wish I had an "unlike" option...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Stevearino, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 7.01.34 PM.png
    ................with all of you. ;)

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I would like to see a love button for so many of the nice coins I have seen and some of the great photography also.

Johndoe2000$ and markr like this.
  4. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I write a lot of Amazon reviews (mostly for my own purpose so I can remember five years from now what a book was about) and they removed the "unhelpful" button, essentially an "unlike" button, about a year ago. That move made reviews a little less interesting because now I have no idea if anyone doesn't like a review I wrote.

But I agree that such functionality wouldn't work here. I think it would make the place a lot more volatile. Sometimes it's volatile enough. :D

5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

How about a button for each of these...
    "Duh!"
    "You're an idiot."
    "Bacon!"

Burton Strauss III and furham like this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Reminds me of Meal Worms.....Ya know? They eat the danged things in some parts of the world.

As for a thumbs down for disapproval? I'd rather express it in words of sarcasm......gets the point across much more quickly, and many times, inspires a riot. Much more effective...... devil.gif

CoinCorgi likes this.
  7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

:kiss::joyful::happy::woot: could be positive
    :arghh::banghead::clown::dead::depressed::grumpy::inpain::muted::spitoutdummy::stop::vomit::yuck:o_O could be negative

Much easier to be negative than positive isn't it.....
    Jim

tommyc03 and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  8. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

I think the like button is a harmless thing, makes people feel good although it doesn't carry a lot of meaning. A dislike button, on the other hand, I think that would cause a lot of drama and we'd have butthurt people contacting us to remove the dislikes because it's "unfair" for one reason or another.

tommyc03, chrisild and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Another site I frequent has "Smart" and "Funny" buttons.

People have taken to hitting the "Funny" button on serious posts to indicate disagreement.

The lesson: nobody can boss a language around, even if it's as simple a language as clicking one button.

10. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

CoinTalk is your show so what you decide is the bottom line. But your concern that “we'd have butthurt people contacting us to remove the dislikes because it's "unfair" for one reason or another” ... a simple statement that messages of that ilk will not be responded to would solve the problem.

11. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Perhaps making the LIKES anonymous would be a prudent move here ?

12. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Well, if that is now possible (see my reply in post #20), why not?

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

We live in a too politically correct world. Everyone needs a pony to pet. We are, for the most part, already anonymous and with good reason. I would post my own pic here but prefer to honor my "baby" instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted