I wish I had an "unlike" option...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Stevearino, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

I just finished reading three pages of foolishness started by @Easy collectibles and hijacked by @Erik Pierce (the joy of being retired; I have time most days for three pages). I want to cut these two some slack as they are newer members. Oh man, I have posted some real stupid stuff in the past four years, and, thankfully been corrected by more knowledgeable CT members.

But I realized that I wanted to hit "unlike" on a number of posts in that thread. It would be a lot simpler than trying to answer. Many sites have a thumbs up and a thumbs down option.

Has this ever been discussed on CT?

Steve

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

4. Stevearino

Can't tell, Randy. Are you thumbing down my OP or adding graphics to my thread.
    LOL either way.

Steve

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  5. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

Just adding graphics. I don't think I've ever seen anything you've posted to be out of line.

Johndoe2000$ and Stevearino like this.
  6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I think there would be too much "revenge" unlike, disagree, or dislike hits. CU eliminated the disagree function for that reason i believe.
    CU has like, agree, and lol options, which would be well served here to more accurately describe the responses to posts. IMHO.
    IE: "LOL" is better than hitting "like" for a funny post
    "Agree", "lol", and "like", are all positive reactions, that can be a more accurate description than just "like". Negatives such as dislike could bring more animosity, (or revenge if you will) to the boards.
    As usual... JMHO !!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Stevearino likes this.
  8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

such as this ?
    upload_2019-10-28_11-31-58.png
    :woot:

Of course, I think you mean you want a "dislike" option. ;)

352sdeer, Stevearino and Inspector43 like this.
  9. cpm9ball

If CU had "Dislike" for an option, there would probably be a lot more people "bammed" for speaking out against PCGS.

Chris

10. Johndoe2000$

Without a doubt.

Stevearino likes this.
  11. Johndoe2000$

What's even worse is the suck-ups over there. Makes me sick. Or at least sicker. :D

Stevearino likes this.
  12. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Unlike in the sense of taking a "Like" click back is doable here. And that makes sense, e.g. if you hit the link accidentally. Now a Dislike or Disagree button/function is something we do not need in my opinion, and I think that quite a few sites that used to have something like that do not have it any more.

Christian

352sdeer, Stevearino and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  13. cpm9ball

You've reminded me of the movie, "Platoon". Bunny (Kevin Dillon) was always sucking up to Sgt. Barnes (Tom Berenger).

Chris

14. Johndoe2000$

See, i wanted to hit "lol", or "agree", but had to settle for the "like" option. ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    PlanoSteve and Stevearino like this.
  15. cpm9ball

Who cares if you agree or not. All I care about are the "Lykes".
    LOTSA LYKES.gif

Chris:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

16. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

17. Stevearino

OK. I rescind my suggestion. Calmer (wiser) heads have prevailed. Three...no THIRTY...lashes with a wet noodle for the OP.

I do like the addition of LOL and agree. There are times when someone has posted something that is sad (loss of a pet, e.g., or having coins damaged in a flood and suggestions for the rest of us to take care to prevent that) and "Like" doesn't seem appropriate. "Agree" would be a better option in many cases.

Steve

PlanoSteve and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  18. cpm9ball

Note to self: Don't give TC any Lykes!

Chris:p

352sdeer and Stevearino like this.
  19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I wished the like would go back to facebook or where ever it originated, as it usually has no meaning for the thread, and it has more than once cause conflict and problems among the members. Typing something such as 'I appreciate the knowledge' or 'good post ' means much more, and is more specific. Jim

20. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

There are sites where up and down arrows are used for people to express approval (or otherwise) anonymously. The fact that it is anonymous is important because readers are allowed to give their opinions without becoming a target.
    Just my .....

11F723BE-F0AE-43E2-91B6-90499803D99B.jpeg

21. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

A while ago this came up at a different Xenforo based site, and apparently that is currently not doable. See the feature request here.

Gilbert likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted