I was looking through junk silver today, and I found this Washington Quarter...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Omegaraptor, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Sorry about my long hiatus from coins. I have been very busy lately, which resulted in a lack of interest for some time. However, my interest is back and stronger than ever with this coin shop visit.

A coin shop near my house has very large dime, quarter, and half dollar bins to pick through. I started with quarters and noted a large amount of early date Washingtons, so I focused on those. At one point, I found a 1934 that looked just a little different from the others.

68363890-4597-48F4-B447-51695B6CB02B.jpeg 9A521E79-9361-468E-86C1-D6CE9041F4C2.jpeg

Looked through the rest of the quarters and found nothing of too much note besides an 1894-O quarter to add to the collection.

That's not where the fun ends.

I then moved on to dimes and found TWO 1945-S Micro S Mercs, both UNC, both for melt. One seems to be an MS-65 with almost full bands. Unfortunately, they are a little difficult to photograph, but I’ll continue to try. Next time I'm at a show I'll probably try to find a Mercury Dime expert to properly grade them and see if they are worth sending to PCGS.

Anyway, it looks like my passion for coins and cherrypicking has been reignited. :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    NSP, jake1932, Oldhoopster and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jake1932

jake1932 Active Member

Hey... thats a 34 doubled die obverse (notice especially on the T and R in trust on the front... in the bargain bin?? I never found anything like that in the bargain bin!!!!! Look at the prices on ebay.. I hope you bought it...or i can just PM you my address if you dont want it! haha.. i dont even have one...

Omegaraptor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted