I usually post in the coins section... but WOW! did i find something special?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by swagge1, Mar 2, 2016.

1. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

I've never found a star note before, and have never really looked very hard. Anyways I found 3 new, sequential, $100 bills from a fresh stack. Can anyone tell me if these command a premium? If so Ill be atending the National Money Show in Dallas this weekend and would love to cash in on my good fortune (if said fortune exists!). Any help would be appreciated. IMG_5966.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Those are the 2009 $100 bills with J at the front. Not sure if there would be any collectors of sequential $100s though.

4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Put them in a sleeve protector so they don't get damaged. I see they have a small bend on the top corner already. Aside from that they do look crisp and uncirculated and you might find someone to give you a little more than face (~$110). I wouldn't expect much more above that, if any, since the print run is not low...

Star100.jpg

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I've seen these circulated $100 notes sell on eBay for $110 and $115 with free shipping. I doubt any currency dealers at the National Money Show in Dallas will offer you anything above face value. They are distributed in packs of 100, so being consecutive is no big deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted