I told you so. My 1st Icelandic coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Vroomer2, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

25 Aurar

NGC MS64

[​IMG]

Sincerely,

The 27th person in the world who collects Icelandic coins. ;) :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice coin!

4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

+1

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So, you have gone over to the far side. These dang things can be 'catchy'. Siggy would be proud.....:)

6. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Yes. He's sleeping now. Waiting for him to wake up and see this thread for him and our Icelandic friends. :)

7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

You're actually #28 Vroomer, I just rooted out a closet collector down in the Jersey pine barrens the other day. He wouldn't give me his real name, but said he wanted to be called "Icee". You guys are way ahead of me anyway, I'm still looking for the 15th counterstamp collector in the world. Oh my...so little time!

Bruce

8. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

Welcome to the club!
    very nice first coin! If you have questions about Icelandic coins this is the place to be. After my crash course with Iceman and Siggi, (which is still going on by the way), I may even be able to answer one or 2 of them now LOL! You will find that collecting these coins is very challenging and lots of fun, especially the Kingdom Era. Best of luck to you!, if you have questions ASK! Oh yea, and we have the best cookies.
    Mark in NJ

9. green18

Bruce, you talkin' 'bout the "Jersey Devil"? :)

10. BRandM

Now that you mention it Ken, he did look familiar. "Icee" indeed...I been snookered!

Bruce

11. green18

Not a word to Iceman though........:) I think he's clueless.

12. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Guess our Ice friends don't come to this forum. :(

13. green18

Oh they do indeed visit and often times take up residence.

Calling Valhalla........:)

14. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Hopefully you get them BEFORE Ragnarok. ;)

15. green18

16. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

Its official......Vroomer Is now a new member of The Icelandic Numismatic Collectors Club,,,,,,Member no# 27.......Congradulations.
    I check both NGC and PCGS population report every Monday to see what new Icelandic coins have been graded and I noticed your 1965 25 Aurar,,,Did You send it in to get graded.

You Can view my collection on the NGC Registry Sets...There are some coins I haven't gotten around to posting pictures but most of them have photos of the coins.
    http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=117411

17. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

Where did you come across this one who call's himself Icee,,,,Was it at a club meeting ???? or was it on a coin forum.

18. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

What,,What.....Are you talking about me,,,,In my Tony Montana voice.....LOL. If you don't tell me what I'm clueless about,,,In my Tony Montana Voice.......I willl make you say...Hello to my little friend.

19. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

I did not send it in. It was an impusle buy off an auction site. :D

20. BRandM

Vroomer you'll have to check with Iceman, but I think you can become a Life Member of the Icelandic Coin Collectors Club for 25 Aurar...the MS64 of course. Just send it to him and he'll take care of all the details.:D

Bruce

21. Iceman57

Iceman57 Junior Member

Not to worry... Vroomer You are already a life member. I have a bunch of them ,,,,,If Mark has'nt taken all of them out from a big bag of coins i gave him to look threw.......

OH......I still don't know what I'm Clueless about....Come on guys the suspence is killing me.

Draft saved Draft deleted