I think maybe I just made a nice find? (Guadeloupe Pointe-à-Pitre, Cercle du Commerce token)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I just find it odd that it languished for three days with no bidders at 99 cents when I put it out there at true auction, whereas someone was willing to offer low three figures for it in an even shorter amount of time after I relisted at fixed price with the Best Offer feature.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, though. As a buyer, I myself vastly prefer Best Offer to live bidding. There's less waiting to know the results, for one thing.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Sometimes when people see a high value item that is so cheap, they are leery. They figure something must be wrong.

4. lordmarcovan

Ah, who cares. I'll spill the beans. I accepted 200 bucks for it. I almost certainly should've held out for more, but heck, it's fast money and pure profit outta nowhere. Can't complain.

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Fast money can be reinvested quickly. It was basically free to you, so now you can use that money for your collection or to pay the kid's car insurance!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. Nyatii

Or buy pizzas all around!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Almost every coin I’ve sold (not a lot i mostly just collect) I’ve priced to sell because I value time more than trying to squeeze every cent out of something. Id do the latter if my livelihood depended on it but since it doesn’t the rare times I have coins to unload I do just that and move on.

C-B-D likes this.
  8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

True. I saw a dealer yesterday with every single coin hugely overpriced. He had a AG03 1916-D, raw, with $2500 written on the holder. Some people just like to run "museums," though, and could care less if they sell something or not.

Omegaraptor and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

Good idea. Think this will be enough for all of CoinTalk?

images (1).jpeg

10. Nyatii

Yah.....let's go for it.....

lordmarcovan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted