I think I'm just seeing things...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by James Miller, Jan 2, 2020.

1. James Miller

James Miller Lost Boy

IMG_8924.jpg IMG_8923.jpg IMG_8922.jpg I've recently looked through hundreds if not thousands of pennies recently. I have two recent ones that look off to me. Looking at the face side, the rim looks like maybe it goes from large to small, but more importantly, the space at the bottom between Lincoln and the rim looks larger than normal. Looking for input. Like I said, I may just be seeing things.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Yep, looks like a slight misaligned die. Not totally common but not rare either. Good eye! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Terrible photos to ask us to give you feed back on. You should always crop the coin so it is the photo, without background. Many here are not willing to take the time to blow up and crop a coin to give you feed back, so a good photo will gain you better results.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@James Miller

It's always a good idea to get a manicure before you take photos of your fingernails. I've seen better! I've seen worse! J/K! ~ Chris

6. James Miller

James Miller Lost Boy

With something so slight, is it worth anything more than a penny? Like how much? Not looking to sell, just want to know how careful I should be with it.

7. Islander80-83

More then a cent?...no.

I would have no problem with you keeping it as a example or spending it.

James Miller likes this.
  8. Islander80-83

Draft saved Draft deleted