I think i found a very nice 1963.D Wounder if its a D.D?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Corrieon Haynes, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Worth grading

1. Not worth grading

66.7%
  2. Worth Grading

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

It's a nice looking coin,can you find a red 63 D graded in this grade or one higher you desire ,for less? I would believe your could.
    Page 1 ebay an red ms 641963 D DDO FS-101 $40.
    How much do you think a TPG would charge ya?
    Anacs as low as $10 but that 1 coin on a special and you're going to have to send in more than 1 coin.
    NGC & PCGS $40 and again you're not just sending in 1 coin unless you piggy back someone else's submission .$40+$3 ship and for 43 bucks ya got a nice coin plus a variety .;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I see no evidence of doubling, and unfortunately, no.... "grading" (submitting) isn't a viable option. Please keep in mind that grading MUST add something of at least equal (cost) to a coin in order to even be considered worthwhile. This can be anything from increased liquidity to independently verified authenticity and everything in between, but the fact is that relatively few coins overall actually meet the criteria. Truth be told, there are already a regrettable number of coins residing in TPG plastic that have no business being there. If you like the coin as-is, this is all that should matter. Don't let marketing needlessly remove money from your pocket; plastic isn't necessary.

4. ThomasMcReynolds

ThomasMcReynolds New Member

5. ThomasMcReynolds

I thought I had a 1963D but I don't. I have everything else thought 1953 Washington Quarter has a S in the right leaf on Rev in the limb the eagle is standing on.

Attached Files:

Corrieon Haynes likes this.
  6. ThomasMcReynolds

I

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

What this is, sir, is pareidolia. Your mind is seeing something that simply isn't there, at least as was intended or produced by the mint. It's very common in this hobby and impacts every single one of us, but is why an understanding of the minting process so important. Dings, hits, damage, etc can cause all sorts of anomalies that can appear to be something they're not, unfortunately.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You should really start your own separate thread from this one... o_O

That is not a mint mark.. looks like damage

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Cool

Draft saved Draft deleted