I REALLY Hate This!!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Endeavor, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I asked teller for 4 rolls of pennies and this is what I get. All ends are new 2015s. Not even gonna open them.

20150424_144955.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Just think of all those clashes and doubled dies that will go into circulation because the next person who buys them won't bother to look.

Chris

4. Endeavor

You're right, but I don't really check for doubled dies and clashes. If there was a valuable and already discovered DD or clash then I would search for it. Not really into trying to be the discoverer of something that will most likely be worthless anyway.

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Set them aside and wait for that new discovery and then you won't kick yourself later for having returned them.

BonnieSue, Volture and Endeavor like this.
  6. coop

coop Senior Member

Check at lease one roll to see what is in there. Then if you find something collectable, go back and buy more if there is a variety. But you need to do this like now, so the rolls won't be gone if you do find something.

Endeavor likes this.
  7. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

"I really hate this"? You went to a BANK, (not a coin store), paid only face value, (way less than what those rolls cost the bank to have for you), and you HATE IT?

Banks are not there to facilitate your collecting interest for free. You might get lucky and they have something of interest, but it is ABSOLUTELY NOT their responsibility to care about your coin collection on whit.

I REALLY HATE when people think they have a Constitutional Right to cost banks money for their hobby pleasure. Want a roll of interesting cents? Go to a coin store and PAY FOR THEM.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine Endeavor, no hard feelings personally.

imrich and KoinJester like this.
  8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I might add, the first two 2015 cents I got in change had some very nice die cracks. You might not collect these but I do and also sell them. I was quite pleased.

BonnieSue and Endeavor like this.
  9. Endeavor

Woah! Lol

Hate might be overstating it, but to be clear I am not angry at the bank. I'm actually not angry at anything. I was just stating my displeasure with the circumstance. Not blaming anyone or anything.

Have a great weekend!

10. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

11. cpm9ball

stevex6 and Rick Stachowski like this.
  12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I would pick up my leaves but it is 42 here in Ma. w/winds at 30mph and snowing.

stevex6 likes this.
  13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> I hear ya (I may need to shovel snow tomorrow morning)

Ummm, I assumed that cpm9ball was talking about picking up my avatar leaf?

:rolleyes:

tommyc03 likes this.
  14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

check for blank planchets.

I found one that way, once

NOS and tommyc03 like this.
  15. cpm9ball

Who, me? Nah! I was talking about picking them up after you've raked them. Who cares about snow. You don't see snow with leaves like that.

Chris

stevex6 likes this.
  16. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Like I said sir, no offense meant. Just a pet peeve of mine that some roll searchers think banks have to supply them with coins.

Have a good weekend as well. :)

Spud Koolzip, stevex6 and tommyc03 like this.
  17. cpm9ball

Do you think the day will ever come that banks get so fed up with roll searchers that they start charging premiums for rolls similar to the Mint?

Chris

Endeavor and tommyc03 like this.
  18. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

The banks I go to just say they have none. I think they sometimes lie

Endeavor likes this.
  19. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

ummmm 2015 S really? am I the only one who is going to notice? or did you mean 2015 D

20. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Probably meant "2015's" and not referring to any particular mint.

21. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

As much as the banks charge in fees, I'm happy to cost them a few cents here and there.

MKent and bryantallard like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted