I never thought this day would come(sell my entire collection?)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by zach67005, Apr 27, 2012.

1. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

While I appreciate your post because I've seen it happen too, and even had a bad experience with a gold digger myself, I think this post is going to get edited. Our female members probably won't appreciate how you lumped ALL women into that group. Plus some of the content there is kinda innappropriate. Lol. I understand the frsutration though.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

So, that's true of every women but your wife, right?

You've got to get out more, champ. This is not the 1950's.

4. kangayou

kangayou Junior Member

1.)
    Selling coins on eBay for a REAL profit is fast & easy for me. I could liquidate your entire collection in less than 3 weeks and earn you a profit.

2.)
    Is it possible that the transportation situation could be remedied by simply purchasing a monthly bus pass for her transportation needs ? Public transportation is awesome in my neck of the woods and it saves a lot of money. Kids under 12 ride free :)

http://www.wichitatransit.org/Pages/default.aspx

5. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

No, not true of all women. That did come out wrong...I appologise. I will edit the post. edited

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I will repeat it here for those who missed it below -

look, and this goes for everybody, if you can add something to help the guy sell his coins - fine post it. If not, then keep quiet. This is not a discussion about women, or men, or their problems, or what you have seen, or what you have heard - or any of that.

This is about a guy who asked how he can go about selling his coins.

If you cannot keep to that topic then I am going to close the thread.

7. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Thanks Doug, I opened with to much info simply because I knew people would ask "why are you wanting to sell it all off?". Secondly, because I am kinda in shock still &I tend to be an open book in situations like this, I apologize. The only other online community I belong to is exactly that, a community. I was starting to feel the same about this place & had met a few really nice, genuine people. I once again apologize to anyone who didn't need to know all the details of my situation.
    Thanks to those who read it for what it was worth & gave the appropriate advice.

8. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Well, I could only suggest to those that would ask is to simply reply with, "It's personal". That's all you got to say without the details.

All I can say at this time is, good luck and hope the best for you and your family. Do what you feel is right, sell your coins if you have to, if it feels right, hopefully you don't regret it down the road. If you have second thoughts about selling them to provide people in need no matter the reasons or what they've done, perhaps try to come up with an alternative plan to help them.

Cheers.

9. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Sure. I'll give you a hint, this is the only forum now I visit on the interwebs so good luck! ;)

10. Trants4md

Trants4md Member

Ask amongst your family and friends, either do they know someone who collects or if someone would buy it for your needed value and be willing to sell it back later for say a fair 6% or 8% interest per year. You could always give a defined period but you will need at least a year. A lawyers Year!

11. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Find the local pawn shop or coin dealer that pays the best price for junk silver, dump that stuff off there. As for the rest, the upsides and downsides of available selling avenues have been pretty well covered in this thread, decide for yourself which is most suitable.

In theory, the most efficient avenue for moving your collectable coins should be in a forum such as this. You have a captive audience of people that are obviously interested in what you have to offer, and there would be no fees involved (besides paypal). There is a for sale page within the forums, list your coins there with an asking price and we can take a look at them. I know that you said you didn't want to mess with taking pictures and so forth, but if you want top dollar out of your collection then it will require a little work on your part (heck, you cleaned your house 7 times, you could have been taking pictures :rolleyes: ). In the least, you could provide a list of what you have with a grade approximation and asking price, then provide pictures on request. On the other hand, if you would rather not put in the effort, want to move your collection quickly, and are willing to take a significant loss, then take the coins to a dealer. Pretty simple really.

12. JBlade00

JBlade00 New Member

Sorry to hear about your situation, I sent you a PM regarding your US Coins. Thanks, -J

Draft saved Draft deleted