I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by hollie77, Sep 19, 2019.

1. hollie77

hollie77 New Member

yes i did look on the Hawaiian Mint and just as the blogger who had written the article i had read in THE HAWAIIANA NUMISMATIST. https://thehawaiiananumismatist.com/tag/royal-hawaiian-mint-bronze/ there is no coin of the such on there for sale. However im not sure that i even understood correctly. He is either saying 2 diff. coins were accidently mated together or that there was only 90 of the Centennial coins of this type made as test strikes and a few may have accidently been mixed in with the others. IDK

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I believe this blogger is saying that he has never seen this die pairing before. Meaning he has never seen this obverse with this reverse put together on a coin before. He went on to say that he has never seen this reverse on any other of these coins before. But apparently he has seen the obverse...but I haven't even found a coin with even that yet.

He also speculates that these coins may have been made as a test. Then the mint decided to go with a different reverse. Somehow these "test" coins got mixed in when putting together sets. So of the 90 sets that were put together a few of them accidentally got sold with the test coins.

hollie77 likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Nah! You didn't upset me. Actually, we get several threads without photos every week, so I'm used to it.

That is a nice medal you have there. I have seen some of the other Hawaiian medals and SCD's, but this is the first time I've seen this one.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Chris

hollie77 likes this.
  5. hollie77

hollie77 New Member

Thank you. I appreciate the welcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted