I need to Confirm My Email Address - how do I do that ?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by GDJMSP, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Silver Seeker

Silver Seeker New Member

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm itching to be part of this community haha!!!!!

I've verified everything. email, my phone, my computer. I've scoured this forum and tried to find answers but can't.

I cannot do the following:

1. Start a new thread
    2. Update my profile photo
    3. Attach pictures or files to responses.
    4. Cannot view the forum rules.

I've emailed an admin I guess via the contact link at the bottom of the site yesterday, but haven't gotten a response.

Is this because I'm "too new" ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I am not a computer guy by any stretch. I know that when I joined I was stuck in limbo for a couple weeks myself. It had to do with getting an email from the site and responding to that email. I finally had one of the youngsters in my office set me up with a Google email. I re-applied using that Google email address. Subsequently received my confirming email and I was in. Do you have an alternate email that you can use to re-apply with? I wish I could help out more. I am relegated to die with an analog wired brain I suppose.

4. Silver Seeker

Silver Seeker New Member

Randy, thanks for reaching out. I am using a gmail account, and yesterday when applying I tried to use an alternate email as well (also a gmail). I received the verification emails fine. I'm not the best with computers myself, but this forum is off the same platform as others I use, so that is why I was so surprised at the trouble I'm having.

I can create a whole new email account for this forum only, but should I use gmail again or a different provider? Although I am getting the emails fine now ?

I'll wait for an email back from the forum I suppose and hope that fixes it.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

I think that if you try to re-apply using a different name, then that blackballs you somehow. I know @GDJMSP has a thread here somewhere about fixing hiccups. I'll see if I can track that down for you. Maybe it will help.

6. Randy Abercrombie

Check out this thread. It may clear up things.

I need to Confirm My Email Address - how do I do that ?

7. Silver Seeker

Silver Seeker New Member

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. Silver Seeker

Silver Seeker New Member

I didn't re-apply just updated my email address after my account was opened. if that helps.

9. Swartz83

Swartz83 New Member

I also did not receive any confirmation email and I can't create any new posts.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

It takes a little while for confirmation before you can post. It must have been finalized or your comment would not have posted. Check your profile page for e-mail notifications.

11. WheatEndsClear

WheatEndsClear New Member

New here as well. I have gmail and I didn’t get the initial confirmation email. I read this thread and checked my spam folder- nothing there either. What is my next course of action?

12. WheatEndsClear

WheatEndsClear New Member

I’m in now! I just had to wait about 24 hours for the email to show up.

Draft saved Draft deleted