I need some opinions on this 2pound charles dickson coin.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chrissss1990, May 20, 2018.

1. Chrissss1990

Chrissss1990 Member

Come across this is a few different coins I had. Under the microscope all the words are doubled up. The dots are half missing on the queens side and the letter "will" are spelt "WIII" advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. Chrissss1990

Chrissss1990 Member

Awesome yeah thanks for that. What do u think the value is. Also do u know what is going on with the lettering on it all doubled up. Is it a mint error

6. Chrissss1990

Chrissss1990 Member

Looking at other minted ones they are visible writing. However under the microscope expectations and some other words on it are blurry. I haven't found any others with this error. So I'm wondering what happened. And does this value increase due to the error

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

British colletctors have no real interest in errors you need a microscope to see. US collectors are the error mad people and they have little or no interest in foreign coin errors.
    So, no, I do not think trivial mint erorrs that amount to no more more than allowable production variation of a mass produced object would add any value.

Any value would be due to the relative scarcity of the series, but I cannot see it being anything remotely resembling the figute quoted.

You may have more luck finding examples if you use his correct name, Charles Dickens. Possibly the second most famous British writer.

chrisild and paddyman98 like this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi my friend.. You are correct, we are Mad for Mint Errors :mad:, especially me! :woot:

9. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It is a bit like collecting slightly misprinted cereal boxes.

Maxfli likes this.
  10. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

DMME -- Doubly Mad for Mint Errors

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Charles Dickens is probably the second most famous British writer. First would be W.S. - but no prizes for guessing his name !

13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Billy

14. Chrissss1990

Chrissss1990 Member

You can see the errors without the scope

15. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Bacon

Draft saved Draft deleted