I need help

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Scott J, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Scott J

Scott J Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Well, in two ways. First, I need to quit buying coins. I Had no idea how many coins I bought in the past year and a half or so. But I got that under control, I just closed the Great Collections tab.
    But... How the Heck do I organize this mess?
    The tallest stack is 11 slabbed.
    There's a lot of variety (series) in the stacks.
    The raws are mostly f-BU prob details
    Over 100 in slabs pcgs, ngc, anacs
    I was thinking the big albums from Lighthouse might be the best option, but, dang I'd rather have a 65 PL Morgan than spend that on storage.
    Ugh
    Help

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Depends upon whether or not you want to see them at a glance or store them without seeing them. Littleton makes a nice slab album but you are talking a lot of albums. Best prices would be at Wizard Coin Supply IMHO. Otherwise slab storage boxes would be cheaper.

SilverMike, MIGuy and Scott J like this.
  4. Scott J

Thanks, I appreciate the input. Are you thinking the NGC boxes?

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

6. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I recommend the 45540 Lighthouse Intercept Shield Double Row Slab Box. I use these for slabs and the smaller version for 2x2s. From Wizard, "Out of production for a few years but now available once again. This heavy duty box is made for storage of certified coins. The box contains Intercept Technology to provide active protection against contaminants. Intercept Technology acts as a neutralizing agent cleansing the air around the coin protecting it from the harmful effects of corrosion. The box holds 50-60 certified coins depending on the brand. The new version of this box includes a few changes such as color (now glossy white instead of red), lower side walls for easier access to coins and a stopper to hold coins in place for those times when the box is less than full. Like all Intercept Shield products, the box is manufactured from inert materials and is fully archival quality.
    Dimensions 12 5/8 L x 6 W x 3 7/8 H (321 x 152 x 97mm)." -$18.69 https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...J_AIaJKNzjoSmc-6QkvyjbeD2Tz1I61hoCFdEQAvD_BwE

spirityoda and masterswimmer like this.
  7. Scott J

Thanks guys, some good looking options

8. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Well, you have a quality problem anyway.

Scott J likes this.
  9. Scott J

Lol, don't we all. There's some gems in there, I definitely didn't didn't go out of my way to pose them. Just preliminary sorting.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You said it in your last sentence, sell them all and buy that 65 Pl Morgan.

Scott J likes this.
  11. Scott J

You guys are definitely right, gotta buy one nice a couple times instead of common 63's etc

12. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I wish I had your problem! Nice variety of cool items!

Scott J likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just save your money and it will happen. Every time I want a nice expensive coin, I stop buying until I have enough saved. Then I find the right coin.

Scott J likes this.
  14. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I put my favorite slabs in a slab album and the rest in boxes

15. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

You don't want to know how many coins I have. The number is in the thousands. I use slab boxes for the best ones that are in the bank, and the rest are stacked with protective sleeves on them to prevent scratching the slabs. I use Eagle Holders and albums, and flips for my raw coins, token and medals.

Draft saved Draft deleted