I need help and guidance

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Shawno, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Shawno

Shawno New Member

Hello, oddly enough i found this on the ground folded up thought it was just a dollar turns out it was this! I believe it is real. If it is what could something like this be worth and who could i take it to to authenticate it? Please help im lost here

Attached Files:

Larry E and Tlberg like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Somebody probably cut that out of an uncut sheet.

cash4coin likes this.
  4. Shawno

Shawno New Member

Is there anyway to find out? Is it possible for a bill like this to make it out of production and into the public? I matched it up to a regular dollar and the size is perfect.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

According to http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_s.html, uncut sheets of non-star notes were released for this series, with serial numbers from the regular production ranges. Some of the uncut sheets from this series are numbered C 632 00001 C through C 639 30000 C.
    Yours IS cut from an uncut sheet and only worth a dollar.
    It's not a BEP cutting error.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Shawno

Shawno New Member

7. Shawno

Shawno New Member

Im a little confused by the chart in the link you sent. Its a 2013 bill, but the only serial # listed that start and end with c dont show up on the chart until dec 15 and jan 16. How do you know if it isnt on the list? Just trying to learn here thanks

8. rickmp

I'm now wondering if it's worth anything having two different serial numbers.

9. rickmp

You're right. I should have given you this link, too.
    http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/uncut.html

The first link has printing dates and locations, the second has the numbers for uncut sheets and printing locations.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. rickmp

BTW, it's a nice conversation piece.

SmokinJoe and Stevearino like this.
  11. Shawno

Shawno New Member

Well i guess i wont be paying off my mortgage with a dollar. Lol
    It is actually pretty cool, even if it was someones sick idea of a joke lol thanks for the help.
    I will be back on soon with some more stuff. My grandfather left me a book with some foreign currency (paper and coin). Some of them are german marks i believe from ww2 era 1944 or 1945

Stevearino likes this.
  12. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i dont even think its worth $1 as its actually only a corner piece of four different notes.. one piece of four different bills does not make a dollar..

Stevearino likes this.
  13. rickmp

Capture1.JPG
    Look at the row for CC, and the "column observed sheet serial range". The serials on your bill fall within that range.
    Someone cut a sheet to make the bill appear as an error. Probably sold some for a handsome profit to unknowing customers.

14. rickmp

The series number doesn't change from year to year. It only changes if there is a change to the note, such as the signatures. Series 2013 $1 bills were printed from November 2013 until January 2018.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The two different serial numbers would be correct from a printing standpoint. The problem is with the paper cut. It is too crooked so it makes me strongly believe this was hand cut after it left the BEP from a sheet that was sold by the BEP. It's damaged and since you have less than 51% of any of the four bills, it's worthless, meaning the government which issued this will not reimburse you.

16. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Crudely cut from a BEP issued sheet. I see this type of fake error on eBay occasionally. Not a genuine error note.

Kinda cool, I’d keep it as a novelty if found in circulation.

OP’s note;
    E19BDB8D-29A8-4EC6-B93A-F302988CC7C5.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Stevearino and Legomaster1 like this.
  17. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

That is very cool!

18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yes but it is 4 damaged bills, all done after it left the BEP.

Tlberg likes this.
  19. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

more like defaced bills - whoever did that couldn't have made a profit

Collecting Nut likes this.
  20. rickmp

But yes, grasshopper, they very well could have. The uncut sheet, original cost $50 plus whatever premium the BEP put on it, could be cut in such a way that there are many more just like yours. The cutter puts them up on eBay and finds naive bidders that run up the price of the "error" in auctions. If he/she sells 4 of them at an average of $60, he/she turns a profit of at least $150 on a $50 original purchase.

There are many sellers on eBay that seek out buyers that don't know what they are bidding on hoping for the big payday.

Stevearino, Legomaster1 and Tlberg like this.
  21. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

I loved that show @rickmp - Snatch this pebble from my hand! :)

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted