I need another serial number appraised...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by HunterOhlsen, Feb 10, 2016.

1. HunterOhlsen

HunterOhlsen Active Member

Here's another I came across. It's frustrating how close it is to a full descending ladder or whatever they're called. Again, I don't collect bills so should I go get some Cheetos from the vending machine or should I see if I can get a couple bucks for it on eBay?

Note's in decent shape, I stashed it away for a while but I just had to post it, it's been eating away at me. 5d.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I understand! Spend it.. not fancy enough for me :yack:

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  4. HunterOhlsen

It almost seems like the closer a number is to perfect, the uglier it looks, unless it truly IS perfect.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Cool number, I like it!

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  6. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

If you don't want to keep it put it on Ebay! High coolness number if your'e into that

[​IMG]

• The number you entered was 60543210.

Congratulations! You have found an extremely cool number! It has a Universal Coolness Index of 99.18%

• 60543210 contains a backwards run of 6. In 0.0014% of 8-digit numbers, there are backwards runs of 6 or longer.
      • 60543210 contains 7 consecutive digits. Only 0.93% of 8-digit numbers have 7 or more consecutive digits.
      • 60543210's digits sum to 21. In 3.7% of 8-digit numbers, the digits sum to at most 21.
      • 60543210 has 7 unique digits. In 19% of 8-digit numbers, there are 7 or more unique digits.

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You can hang on to it if the above facts are intriguing to you. However it would be a tough sell on eBay to make money on. Lots of expenses to cover. Cool numbers aren't always in demand like "true" collectible serial numbers are.

8. HunterOhlsen

Well.. My impulses got the best of me. I listed it on eBay anyway. I have only ever sold 1 item on eBay and it gives me a little rush so figured to just go for it.

Thanks for everyone's advice!

9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Sold at face value, with free shipping......kinda what I expected, a net loss.

Facevalue and saltysam-1 like this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

That is the problem with cool notes or ones that are almost. Others don't necessarily see it the same way. And they are your potential buyers.

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  12. HunterOhlsen

Yeah I certainly learned a lesson with this one. As long as the person who bought it actually wanted it for collection purposes other than just getting 5 for 5 I'll be totally happy.

But that's what I get for being stubborn, I tend to not listen to advice but I make myself learn the hard way.

At least I'm only out $1!!

SteveInTampa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted