I need a Safe

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by physics-fan3.14, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

At one time I stored coins in paint cans (purchased at home improvement stores empty) and put them in my workshop. I also owned an old safe that was in the basement and full of bricks, assuming the bad guys would tackle that and go no further. But now I do as many members here on CT stated and have safety deposit boxes with insurance. Take good photos of everything and keep receipts, that way a loss can be documented and you can admire your coins from a far.

MIGuy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. robec

robec Junior Member

We have a couple of these. So far so good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Wow Robec, that's really impressive! I take a much more subdued (cheap?) approach, my old four drawer fire proof filing cabinet is in a corner of the basement, opposite my work bench area, with some old office furniture and each drawer has "Confidential Tax Documents" labeled on it, to hopefully depress anyone who bothers to go around to the side of the cabinet to see the drawers. I also don't talk IRL about my collecting habits and don't leave coins out and about, I like things put away and (relatively) organized. That's kind of why this forum is so fun.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Buy used from someone who is moving out of town for 50 cents on the dollar.
    One leads to two, ETC...

MIGuy likes this.
  6. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Keep a cheap decoy safe under your bed filled with junk foreign coins . The coins you can buy by the pound. ;)

RonSanderson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted