I MADE A DEVICE TO FLATTEN STAPLES

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SmokinJoe, Oct 11, 2023.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I had a staple flatterer for the cardboard coin holders, but it just stopped working, I guess it wanted to retire...Can't blame it....I would get really tired of doing that day after day too! So I was using a medal spoon but that wasn't helpful as it moved around a lot.
    So I came up with an idea that so far, is working pretty good....Let's see how long it lasts though... A STAPLE FIXER.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

I like it but a table top stapler never worked so well for me as this kind. Can you mount it to one like this? I bet you could. More control. I have two swingline sorta like this and they both keep on going. Thousands and ten thousands. Of course quality staples are a must.
    m.jpg

SmokinJoe likes this.
  4. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Or buy a stapler that flattens staples as it staples.

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Just go to the store called Staples and ask them for help. thumb.gif

6. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member

They're called flat cinch staplers. I have a small one, but you still need to ensure the part where the staple comes out is near the very end so an extra bit of metal doesn't come down over the coin.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  7. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I believe you'll find that a properly adjusted "Vice-Grips", or pliers works well, regardless of the staple type.

I also have a over-center clamp with a base/head/pocket that flattens all staples at one time, used by others with limited strength:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/500-l...MIvO6cnsXwgQMVTPnICh3uKQuyEAQYAyABEgI2EvD_BwE

JMHO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    green18 and SmokinJoe like this.
  8. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

@imrich

That's what us old guys were doing for our whole life. Then, along came MAX self-flattening staplers. :)

Kentucky, element159, green18 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

10. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I was going to say If you like the holder and not the staples...A little around the edge and a boom. Screenshot_20231012-084337~2.png

SmokinJoe likes this.
  11. SmokinJoe

Every time the staple sees the HAMMER, this is what happens to the staple...:dead:
    Yep.......EV....ER...Y.....TIME....Oh Yeah

12. SmokinJoe

Wow imrich....That looks pretty cool...I will have to look into a near by Harbor Freight store. Thanks for showing me that !

13. SmokinJoe

Thanks rte for that info....The only problem is I know how I am and without a doubt, in just a few minutes, my fingers would be glued together....Oh Yeah...Let me tell Ya, it is tough to get old :nailbiting:

14. SmokinJoe

Wow...I didn't know a self flattening stapler was available! Thanks for that info Insider!

Kentucky likes this.
  15. SmokinJoe

Your right about quality staples!

16. SmokinJoe

Thanks Everyone! I certainly appreciate your advise!

17. SmokinJoe

Thanks SensibleSal66, There's a Staples pretty close to me so I will check it out tomorrow!

18. SmokinJoe

Yeah NickelGuy, your right..... I think I will step up to a better stapler!

TheNickelGuy likes this.
  19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I like the MAX as well. It's heavy and stays put on the desk when being used.

20. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

SmokinJoe likes this.
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Just a bloody pair of needle nose plyers does the trick for me. No reason to get high tech and all.......... devil.gif

Draft saved Draft deleted