I little quiz to test your common sense

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by irisheyes, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/default.aspx?c=139

and the crazy part is people will pay more for a po 01 coin than an ms coin, just to win the internets. :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

wow, you learn something new every day....thanks guys

4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

The only thing you have ever posted on this forum that I agree with. BTW, your knowledge about coins is much closer to nothing than it is little.

5. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

When I sent the first email via the NA website it went to sebastian heath who in turn forwarded it to Mr Hoge

My maiden name is Grimason and my married name was Piche ..I now go by my maiden name

6. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

I just found out about him today

7. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Sorry for mistakening you for a male.

Doesn't change the fact that your coin is a fake, and a crude one at that. Are you by any chance blonde? That would at least give me something to laugh at.

8. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

My coin is in the process of being graded.....and Mr Hoges is intriged with it and believes its worth further investigation

I havene heard from you yet HOBO

9. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

If you look at the surface f my coin really close you can see it doesnt have cast bubbles they are black specks and they can be scratched off

you csn also see how someone had made slips with a cutting tool on the letters and the moon rays ....the letters are all different from each other and they are different from all the other coins posted online ....not one of the fake coins had lettering like mine nor do any of the pewter coins

my coin is smaller because the letters didnt fit the struck coins were made bigger and the person who engraved mine was not EG

10. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

please answer my direct question with a direct answer. don't give me a "politicians" answer that avoids the question. it is a direct question that deserves a direct answer.

11. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Because then she couldn't waste any more of Mr Hoge's time if she told him.

12. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

So Ben Franklin designed the coin ....didnt bother telling anyone about when where and who made it

If it was supposed to be the first US dollar or at the very least one of the more important coins of early

american history ..why os it that not one person...mentioned it ....noone knows if it was actually used or not

and no one knows if it was a dollar or a penny ......and you expect me to believe that ........

.the fact that it was not mentioned means it was unknown ....or its makers kept it a secret ... but why would they do that ??

13. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

maybe the were part of a secret organization....there is enough info to prove Franklin was a freemason and a member of the lunar society ,,,,,and so were most of his peers

14. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

but what does the masonic have to do with my coin ??

ALOT !

and what does the masonic have to do with me .....

I have more than enough to prove that I am related to a man who was a partner of the soho mint he was a close friend of franklins and was a member of his lodge as well as his lunar society

both known for their secrecy

what has that got to do with my coin....

15. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

you'll see ........and then well see who is right and who is ignorant

16. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

common knowledge that has been known for over a century. it's why the "all seeing eye" is on the dollar bill. quit avoiding my question. 1 direct answer to my 1 direct question... why didn't you tell mr. hoge that your coin has "hong kong" imprinted on it? quit avoiding the question. give a direct answer to a very direct question.

17. Sully

Sully New Member

With each of your posts, you prove who is ignorant beyond a shadow of a doubt.

18. Johnvan

Johnvan Member

who cares?

19. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Ditto.

20. usc96

usc96 Junior Member

Entertaining thread. OP has almost as many posts as I have after two years, and she has only been here a month. :rolleyes:

21. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Franklin didn't design the coin. Parts of his drawings were used on the coin.

It wasn't supposed to be the first US dollar. No one said "hey, won't someone make a coin to show the world? Let's call it a dollar. This will be the first which means it will be important. Anyone, anyone?"

Irisheyes, pay attention. The dollar and its 100 cent basis weren't yet conceived. The coin was only later referred to as a dollar because it was roughly the size of the omnipresent 8 Reales, on which our dollar was later based.

Record keeping sucked. The young government had a lot of issues. And everyone is dead.

Next time you want to ask the same dumb questions, repeat these three sentences to yourself and spare us.
    Lance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.