I Like Ike

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DrDarryl, Jun 13, 2018.

1. DrDarryl

DrDarryl Well-Known Member

I have been fortunate to discover, organize, and form an entire US Mint medal series.

http://www.potus-sgm.com/

I'm in the process of getting my research collection encapsulated and graded by NGC.

Here is part of the evidence that makes these true presidential artifacts and an actual award of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

newport123.jpg

Medal was issued at his summer White House. A very rare booklet in my collection. Raw medal prior to NGC encapsulation and grading.
    ike1.jpg

From my research collection. NGC was gracious (no fee) to add my name on the label to establish its pedigree. This is a class 2 medal (size of a Morgan US silver dollar). A total of 8 types of class 2 medals have been cataloged. There are 4 classes. Class 5 is President Kennedy. No other president has had an appreciation medal struck for them by the U.S. Mint.

As for the Eisenhower appreciation medals, just prior to the end of his second term as President, the un-issued inventory of medals were returned to the US Treasury for destruction. Actual mintage, inventory destruction, and National Archive and Records Administration (NARA) archive holdings are known and documented in my book.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first D.D.E. Newport medal that has been TPG graded/encapsulated.

dagoA.jpg

dagrA.jpg

My 2014 book that started it all!
    gomez_0003.jpg

The original "Ikes" awarded by Ike himself!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Probably the best political catch phrase ever. I play around with some old car guys. One fellow drives a 1960 Cadillac with great huge fins. The old boat of a car sports one bumper sticker.... "I Like Ike".

4. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Bravo, on all your hard work and research!!

5. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

20180617_185311.jpg

I like Ike too...Amazing American History..

Draft saved Draft deleted