I like contests my turn

Discussion in 'Contests' started by coinsrus1000, May 15, 2013.

1. coinsrus1000

coinsrus1000 Active Member

i like doing and entering contests its my turn starts today ends may 31, i want you to introduce yourself what state your in or country and tell me what you collect and send me a friend request easy stuff, first off im Glen I live in Arizona i collect mostly junk silver its my favorite i do coin roll hunting because i think its fun and i just cant afford to buy 100 ounces of silver, so winner gets a silver canadian dime i will put names in a bowl and pic one will send anywhere in the world hope you enter looking forward to meeting all of you...Glen
    the coin in picture is one winner will receive i will mail regular mail if out of the country will send same way so if it doesnt make it im not responsible..Lets have some fun

download.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ArthurK11

ArthurK11 Active Member

I'm Arthur, 21, from New Jersey. I collect anything that catches my eye, but I mostly like the early American stuff (1793-1807). My lifetime goal is to complete a date set (not including varieties) of all coins from 1793-1807. I know its an uphill battle but I'm young and hopefully have a long time to complete this goal. I especially like the gold of this era. My favorite series ever is the draped bust half eagle. I'm currently working on this set and it'll be a while before I finish it but its worth it. Holding a coin that was around when George Washington was still alive feels amazing.

4. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Eh, guess I'll enter.
    My name is Simon. I'm from San Francisco, CA (anyone else from the Bay Area? Send me a PM!). I started off collecting error coins and die varieties, but in the 3 years that I've been collecting, I have expanded my interests to Early American Coinage. I'm currently putting together a wheat set (1909-1958) as well as a 1c type set (excluding the rarities such as the Flowing Hair Chain Reverse because I can't afford them). My oldest US coin is a 1787 Nova Caesarea.
    In my spare time I coin roll hunt for errors and varieties.

5. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

I'm Bob. I live in Hammond Indiana, but was born in Phoenix. I collect junk silver, including scrap jewelry and cutlery.

6. awhite83

awhite83 New Member

I'm Ashlee, I live in Thayer, MO Most probably haven't heard of but very small country area. I COLLECT!!!! Pennies are fun, but like nickels the most. And well anything old and interesting or unique. (that's means almost everything)

7. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

hi glen , i'm jared and im 16 i live in Spanaway,Washington (state). i collect anything and everything mostly junk silver form rolls of coins the oldest coin i have found is a 1864 empire of Mexico 5 centavos. the oldest us coin i have found is a 1912 s barber dime. dimes are my love. the other i love is Canadian money my oldest Canadian coin is a 1891 5 cent. the oldest bill i have is a 1937 Canadian one dollar bill. also thanks for the contest!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. oldfart.59

oldfart.59 Member

Hi I'm Ken. I'm 53 and live in Muscatine Iowa. I don't really collect coins. I get coins and reserve notes from the gas station I work at and sell them on Ebay. I use this site to do research on errors in both coins and paper money. I also metal detect for coins and any other cool stuff. The oldest coin I have found is pictured here.

Attached Files:

9. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Arthur and you are entered into my contest

10. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Simon and you are entered into my contest

11. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Bob and you are entered into my contest

12. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Ashlee and you are entered into my contest

13. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Jared and you are entered into my contest

14. coinsrus1000

nice to meet you Ken and you are entered into my contest

15. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

I'm Bryan, I live in NH, and I'm 24. I've been interested in coins since I was about 8, but have only been collecting seriously for about a year and a half to two years. I like to collect toned silver Washington quarters, Jefferson nickels from 1938-1970ish, Barber halves when I can find then in at least F and for a reasonable price, and most of all FRANKLIN HALVES I can't get enough of them. Here are some pics of a couple of my favorites.
    1957 50C NGC MS 66 obv.jpg 1957 50C NGC MS 66 rev.jpg 1957 D Franklin Obv.jpg 1957 D Franklin Rev.jpg

16. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

I'm Sam and i live in Sodus, New York. I'm only 17 but i'm the CEO of four businesses. I collect mainly Silver coins and my favorites are the silver dimes (especially the Mercurys as i really love the design). I just started seriously collecting and i am already addicted to roll hunting.

17. archertiger3

archertiger3 Member

I'm Darell from the south central kansas. i collect junk silver and wheat pennies. i'm currently working on both a silver eagle and a washington quarter dansco album.

18. lotusboyrulz

lotusboyrulz Member

is that ddr ???

19. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

My name is Jon. I live in Indiana and I started collecting when I was in middle school. My grandfather had a HUGE glass jar of wheat pennies in his closet and I loved to visit my grandparents simply because he let me rummage through looking for goodies. Throughout the years, I have put together complete sets of Lincoln Pennies, Jefferson Nickels, Roosevelt Dimes and Washington Quarters, SBA Dollars and Eisenhower Dollars. I am currently working on V-Nickels, Mercury Dimes and Indian Head Cents.

I started Coin Roll Hunting about a year ago in July 2012. I LOVE IT! I always imagined finding buried/hidden treasure when I was a kid and this is the best way to do it. My oldest find is a 1897 V-Nickel (found it yesterday!) and I've also found lots of Silver Half Dollars, a 1950D nickel and more. Over the past year, I've found over $1000 worth of silver from CRH. I'm hooked.

Thanks for hosting this contest!

20. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Where in NH Bryan? I live in Southern NH myself.

21. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

I am Dave I live in New Hampshire (as you know because we just did an exchange) I collect silver coins and lately have dabbled in small gold. I try to roll hunt when I have time and my best finds so far have been a 1939d toned AU Jefferson Nickel, a 1925 Canadian Nickel, 1916d cent, 1906 Liberty Nickel. I sell most of the non silver finds on eBay or Craigslist, but keep any 90% silver I find. I don't really collect for numismatic value, but do find myself liking a coin just because I enjoy it rather than bullion value here and there. I collected coins as a kid and just recently started collecting about a year ago. I also keep track of what I sell from what I have coin roll hunted with one column being face value and the other what I sold it for and I am kind of obsessed about it. So far I have made a 640% ROI in doing so.

Thanks for the contest!

Draft saved Draft deleted