I like Cleaned Coins and you should to thread

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrbrklyn, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I got an extra box of brillo pads for your proofs, should anyone be interested...:confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Actually, it's in a bar in Hoboken.

4. Insider

Mike, you are giving away proprietary SECRETS :arghh::facepalm:

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

ldhair likes this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's interesting how many here have told him the same thing. He has too much fun just messing with folks to bother reading what others are saying. Not the first time someone like this has came around.

Kentucky likes this.
  7. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

They jess be messin' wif yer head, how is yer head likein' it?

8. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Boiling coins you say :D

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

:)

10. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

As a new member to the forum I've posted once & have read many pages here. I've found you folks can be very mean to each other & often lose sight of what it's supposed to be about. Too much sarcasm for newcomers to collecting. Nobody even welcomed me.

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Welcome Jim. Sorry. You might start a new thread to say hi. Some threads here do turn to drama. Sometimes you had to be here to understand all the history between those posting. I'm sure you will enjoy this site.

Jim Peters likes this.
  12. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

Thanks Idhair for the welcome & you're right I should introduce myself. I'm pretty new to forums & am not familiar with posting, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jim

13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Hello Jim. And welcome to ct Yes there can be a lot of drama and strong opinions here. There is also a lot of knowledge to be gained here. Hopefully you'll stick around and get to know everyone. It's just that some people here are like oil and water and some like to stir the pot.

Insider likes this.
  14. Insider

th
    OK, it has been long enough since you have decided not to share your obviously extensive knowledge on the subject of sharpened toothpicks used for conservation :grumpy: So for those interested: If you do the test w/a drop of water and try to scratch the surface of the proof, the toothpick sliver becomes so soft and saturated that it folds over and DOES NOTHING. Blow dry the coin and NOTHING. Now for those who wish to prove me wrong: Do the same test and really dig the toothpick into the coin and keep pushing it back and forth until most of the liquid is gone. That's great! You deserve to have ruined your coin sucker. See, Books was right:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::yuck:

Must not be yours either, a stir-up :troll: asked you to try a simple test TO CONFIRM your very informed :confused::wacky: opinion and enlighten all of us here as EDUCATION and reliable information is extremely important for all of us.

Jim, this (Coin Talk) is the big world; well actually the NGC and PCGS forums are and CT is "second tier" like ANACS and ICG :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: :inpain: (I'm going to hear about this :kiss::happy::happy: IT'S A JOKE SUCKERS).
    I'll just say, you will learn a great deal from the folks here. IMO, the give/take from each of us here is done in the spirit of friendship, solidarity, bragging rights, etc. Opinions are just that, heated or not. When you finally learn to separate the BS from the facts, you will be a better numismatist. I like to look at the members profiles. For example: I have been ragging on @BooksB4Coins for much of this thread ONLY because of a very slight difference of opinion. Nevertheless, he is one of the "mainstays" on CT. Most of us older fellas grew up in a time when kids were not "little, delicate, pansies" as they seem to be today due to our education system.

PS I don't recall anyone welcoming me :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: here and those mean posters :mad::punch::punch::mad::rage: ran off another "newbie":muted: on the same thread I was posting on for the first time. I replied to them with sarcasm; he left the thread :grumpy:. Some brotherly advice to you :angelic:: GET OVER IT and have fun.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Jim Peters likes this.
  15. Insider

Good point and very relevant :rolleyes: to the topic of "Cleaned Coins." IMO, it may not be the last time someone like him comes around :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:. That's because these faces are so descriptive and fun to use!

Perhaps if there were fewer whiners... others could concentrate on opinions; discussions; GOOD info; and education! What say we try to spend more time on the topic and less on the posters as it appears WE have upset a newbie.:kiss::kiss:

16. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

I'm not a whiner, I quit drinking 30 years ago! It's cool, I understand, thank you folks for your replies to my post, I'll stick around, see what I can learn from you guys.:):):)
    See I need to learn how to put 1 quote in instead of many!:confused::confused::confused:

17. BooksB4Coins

First, sir; welcome to the forum.

Now, in our defense, the above-quoted post was only your second here, with the first being earlier in this thread with no mention of being new. Please understand that while there are "regulars" here, there are many more who seemingly pop in for a post or three (and are never seen again), to guys who post only when they want advice, and everything in between, so it can be difficult to remember who is actually new to the forum.

The point is that no offense was intended, but it's not unreasonable to think that, perhaps, no one realized you're new here, especially when your first post was in a thread such as this (an old one recently brought back to life).

Insider likes this.
  18. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

Hi
    Hi BB4C,
    I understand and said I was cool with it & I even joked around a little bit. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone & if so I apologize. I love collecting & have been since I was a kid maybe 8 yrs old & I love talking with fellow collectors. No harm intended.:happy::happy:

19. BooksB4Coins

Nor did I mean any harm, Jim, and the welcome was indeed sincere. I only wished to clarify, at least from my perspective, as to why things likely appeared as they did. No offense taken, and no apology necessary. :)

20. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

Thank you.

21. Insider

The whiners know who they are ;). Actually, they make CT more fun :smuggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted