I just plain old like Buffalo Nickels.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Mar 2, 2018.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Active Member

Buffalo nickels just melt my butter. In my older age, I can't afford to purchase hi-grade rare date buffalos. I love it when I see one that appeals to me for a cheap price. Just got this one for $3.00 shipped and the wifey didn't even get mad. LOL. I even have duplicates because I liked the way they looked for the price. I have no expectations of a complete set but I do own the ones I am pleased with. Dumb way to collect I guess.
    1938-d buffalo xf.jpg 1938-d buff. reverse.jpg
    dwhiz, TIF, 352sdeer and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

Since when is there a dumb way to collect?

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Depends on who you talk to around here....
  5. jpcienkus

jpcienkus Coinaholic

Collect what you like and put together your set anyway you like. I especially like 38-D Buffs. You can find awesome examples with interesting toning without breaking the bank.
    dwhiz likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I am still missing a 38D from my circulated set. I'm surprised I haven't found one yet. I love the look of a good circulated Buff.

AUAGBUG Member

If it pleases you it matters not what others think.
    dwhiz likes this.
  8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I completely disagree with your statement. I believe that is the perfect way to collect.
    TIF and Noahqto like this.
  9. Ruben

Ruben Member

I fully agree, I find the buffalos very attractive also. Although I have a full set (took me years, started in the '60's), I still can't resist buying a nice one or 2 from the $1.00 box at flea sales.
  10. GUNNER63736

Yep. I do enjoy the buffalos. Hope to find a reasonable priced (by my standards, LOL) 1913 one of these days. Just so I can say I have one. That would be neat. Could happen. Probably won't change my life any one way or the other. LOL. Still having fun.
  11. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Bonus when you’re other half doesn’t get mad! No wrong way to collect!
  12. JCro57

JCro57 COINS: Change I Can Believe in

The only "dumb" way to collect I think is when you are buying premium, rare pieces at cheap prices and not realizing you are buying counterfeit pieces.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    jpcienkus likes this.
  13. Rocksprings

Rocksprings New Member

Purchased a roll of Buffalo Nickels from the Coin Vault ( TV show ) All but two were 1937.
  14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yup, just like it was dumb for that rabbit to let himself get thrown in the briar patch. :rolleyes:
  15. 352sdeer

352sdeer Well-Known Member

5046000E-299B-400D-86D1-D8479BC9F89A.jpeg I’m with ya.
    Reed and Sparkles the Unicorn.
  16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You can put a complete set of Buffalo's together. Just do it one coin at a time. Nice looking '38-D.
  17. Rushmore

Rushmore Nuts about Numismatics

No right or wrong way to collect.
  18. DallasCoinsNThings

DallasCoinsNThings Active Member

I am not a HUGE Buffalo Nickel fan, but I definitely like my Bracelet!!!

0309181135.jpg 0309181136.jpg
  19. GUNNER63736

Yep, that is a cool bracelet.
  20. GUNNER63736

Yep. I think I will go on a search for a clean used Deluxe Dansco or Whitman album. I like that you can see both sides of the coin in those.
  21. GUNNER63736

Well, I finally broke down and ordered a Deluxe Whitman album for my buffalo's. I needed to get them better organized in one place anyway. I ordered the deluxe album because I want to be able to see both sides of the coin.
    jpcienkus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted